4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (V, GF, DF): an easy recipe for thick, decadent peanut butter bars that taste like Reese’s. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free.
Do you love peanut butter? Or are you more of an almond butter fan? Or, perhaps you don’t like either of these nut butters? *Gasp!!!!* J/k… or maybe you’re allergic, which I am so, so sorry for. Perhaps apple butter then? 😉
Well folks, if you’ve been a reader long enough, you might very well have noticed that I have a thing for peanut butter. Scratch that—I have a HUGE thing for peanut butter. It’s just, when you see those two words, everything magically turns yummier, ya know?
Anyway, ages ago, I really, really wanted to make my own version of No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. But after I looked at like a bajillion recipes for these bars, I was dismayed by the idea that I wouldn’t be able to make a feel-good ingredients version. Like… how would I replace the graham crackers? The powdered sugar? The… oy, let’s just not even get into it. 😕
So for months and months, I saw delectable no bake chocolate peanut butter bars every where I went. Online, in magazines at the grocery store, on billboards, online, in my dreams, online, on Pinterest, and finally, online. It tortured me and my peanut butter lovin’ soul. I just thought, to heck with it. It can’t be done. It just can’t be done!
But over those looooong months, I created peanut butter cups, chocolate almond butter pretzels, almond butter cups, and no bake chocolate pecan bars. There’s actually a connection to everything I was just saying, I promise! (I wasn’t just trying to make you super hungry, or anything…) 😳
Well, those recipes all had elements to them that I was filing away, in the old dusty back burner of my mind. Boy, does that sound flammable and dangerous or what? Ahem. Anyway, I just knew that if I had a moment to breathe, really furrow the good ol’ brows, and erm… eat something with chocolate and peanut butter, I’d be able to figure it out. 🤓
Guess what? I did!! I did!! Not that I couldn’t do with some humble pie or anything, but goshdarnit, I did it! I took the filling from my peanut butter and almond butter cups, made some delicate adjustments, tested up and tested down, and voilà: the peanut butter layer for these bars was born.
Then, I took the filling from my AB pretzels, which had already evolved into the gloriously room-temperature perfect chocolate topping for my no bake chocolate pecan bars, tested back and forth, and voilà: the chocolate topping for these incredible 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars was born.
And before you even get to ask, allow me to answer: YES, they taste deliciously like a Reese’s peanut butter cup. YES, they rock, like all the socks off. And YES, they are made with feel-good ingredients. And oh, YES, they are crazy easy to make!
So what do you think? Excuse my pure excitement—I mean, tell me what you think if you try this! Erik and I are seriously waiting ever so patiently for the day to pass so we can have dinner, blah blah blah, and finally—finally sit down to a most perfect piece of chocolate peanut butter heaven. 🙂
I’m SO making these for my family this Christmas! I know, I know, my holiday recipe list is gettin’ extensive as heck! I’m already making this, this and this… If you’re curious about my official list of goodies, check out this post. But how could I possibly say no to a super-duper easy no bake recipe like this?
While I sit and eagerly await your thoughts on these 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, let me tell you all about them. These bars are:
- SO easy to make
- made with just 4 ingredients
- vegan, gluten free, dairy-free
- the perfect amount of soft and firm
- taste just like a Reese’s PB cup
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- made with feel-good ingredients
- rich, chocolatey, and satisfyingly nutty
- great for dessert, a snack or an afternoon pick-me-up
- just perfect for the holiday dessert table
I can’t wait to hear what you think of these. What are your recipe plans for this holiday season? Will you be making mostly sweet treats, savory eats or a combo both? If you’re planning on ordering takeout, tell me all about it, too! 🙂 I’m so pleased to spend the holidays with you.
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter. ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
- 1 cup natural, unsalted peanut butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsalted, natural peanut butter
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment or wax paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan. Set aside at room temperature.
- Make the peanut butter layer: In a medium bowl, add Peanut Butter Layer ingredients: 1 cup peanut butter, ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and ½ cup coconut flour. Whisk until thickened and difficult to stir. Switch to folding with a rubber spatula until well-incorporated.
- Transfer this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate topping: Use the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Topping ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl: 1 cup chocolate chips and ½ cup peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter layer. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth chocolate into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the chocolate.
- Transfer pan to freezer. Freeze for 45-60 minutes, or until hardened. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 squares. Enjoy!* Storing instructions below.
- *On the first day, these bars are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve chilled and enjoy within 1 hour.
- After the first day, you may store these bars in an airtight container at room temperature (1-2 weeks), refrigerator (1-2 weeks). Starting week 2, the bars are a bit drier (like Reese’s PB cup filling), but still delicious.
- These bars freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until just softened.
- Homemade Candy (all v, gf, df): Paleo Almond Joy, Paleo Almond Butter Cups, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles.
- Peanut Butter Love recipes (all v, gf, df): peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast bars, peanut butter ice cream smoothie, no bake peanut butter coconut bites.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
☀︎ More Peanut Butter Recipes ☀︎
No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cups (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.