Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches (V, GF): a plant-based recipe for thick, creamy ice cream sandwiches made with chocolate chip cookies! Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
Happy June!!! Does this officially mean the summer’s started??? Please, someone say YES!!! Because this year’s been crazy, right? Feels like January, February, March and most of April was snow all day, e’vryday.
Then April and May were like, guess what?? Snow will be replaced by rain. And you have no choice in the matter!
Who knew April and May were so sassy?
But now that we’re safely in June (obviously the least sassy of the sassy months), the weather is going be awesome!!! Just, I didn’t jinx that, right? Erik’s been telling me that jinxing something good just by saying it/hoping for it/celebrating it soooo should not be a thing. Because if it is a thing, we can’t even vocally appreciate something good when it happens. And how uncool is that?
Speaking of cool (yeah, you so saw what I did there), may I present to you my Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches? Consider them my ode, my kickoff, my fireworks-level woooohoooo to celebrate summer’s arrival! Quick, no one check the official seasons calendar or whatever it’s called to verify that today is the actual day when summer starts. *narrowed eyes*
Just last week, as you may recall, I shared my official gluten free vegan oat flour chocolate chip cookies with you. It took me over a year to summon up the courage to share that recipe. Why in Cookie Monster’s name would I need courage to release such a recipe, you may be asking yourself. Or perhaps this far down the post your eyes are already glossing over and you’re wondering who you can tag on IG to make these for you.
Whatever floats your boat. 😉
Wait a minute, what was I saying? Oh yes, courage, chocolate chip cookies, etc. etc. So the thing is, I have this unnatural sense of nervousness when I share a staple/basic recipe. Like, this is what all of Beaming Baker is going to be judged on—whether or not this basic cookie recipe is good. And if it’s not good, BB will be written off, in perpetuity. 😱 😅
So those gluten free vegan oat flour chocolate chip cookies were not gonna go out until they were perfect. And until the recipe title was shortened. Which you may be surprised to find actually happened. Ahem.
But guess what? Turns out the recipe hardly needed tweaking from its original state. Goodness gracious. I was literally sweating bullets when I made that first retesting batch. Yes, I had actual bullets dripping of me. Okay… fine, I didn’t. But it doesn’t sound as serious if it’s not literal, amiright?
Anywho, once that first retest batch came out… wonderfully soft, perfectly chewy, seriously as satisfying as a chocolate chip cookie packed with guilt-inducing ingredients… I was like, YES. Ohhhhhhhh. YES!! And… what else can we make with these?
Answer: Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
Because when is ice-cream upgrading a recipe not a great idea? This, my bestie Natalie, would totes agree upon. Side note, she seriously literally made a unicorn nice cream recipe. DUDE. Okay fine, saying that unicorn nice cream was literally made is now a bit spooky. So scratch that. 🦄 😕 And cover it up with sprinkles and marshmallows!!! <– Spoiler alert for her nice cream!!
Meanwhile, you can totally make these gluten free vegan chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches with your favorite dairy-free ice cream, this dark chocolate nice cream, maybe this super creamy and delish coconut chocolate chip ice cream, or, of course, the sooooo non-literal unicorn nice cream. 🙂 Or this peanut butter nice cream. Alright, I’m getting a little too excited about this. 😍🍦🎉
Here are a few delicious bulletpoints to convince you how incredible these Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches are. They’re:
- Easy to make, especially if you’ve already made my Gluten Free Vegan Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Frozen dessert AMAZING
- Two soft, chewy, perfect chocolate chip cookies…
- Sandwiching a just-right thick layer of your favorite ice cream
- Vegan, gluten-free and dairy free
- Plant-based and allergy-friendly
- Great for dessert, a party (preferably by the pool), or breakfast (because: SUMMER!!!)
So whatcha waiting for? The summer to run away? Quickly, catch it!! Convince it to stay with promises of BIG, frosty platters of ice cream sandwiches!!! 😉 I’m so excited to share and create all the wonderful summertime treats with you this season! Don’t you think you deserve a few homemade goodies, right by the pool… with your favorite book in hand? I do. I can’t wait to hear what big plans you have for this frozen deliciousness! While I wait, tell me…
What’s your favorite ice cream novelty?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
Find out how to make these Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches in this video!
- 1 batch Gluten Free Vegan Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1¾ cups dairy-free vanilla ice cream*
- ¼ cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- Make a batch of Gluten Free Vegan Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies]. Cool completely.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Place this sheet, lying flat, into the freezer. You will need it later.
- Lay a sheet of parchment or wax paper on a clean, flat surface. Lay half of the batch of cookies (10-12, depending on how many you made) facedown on the prepared surface, evenly spaced apart.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop a heaping scoop of ice cream and drop onto one cookie. If the ice cream is frozen solid, use a rubber spatula to smooth ice cream into a flat, even layer. Press another cookie down onto the ice cream layer to create an ice cream sandwich. Optionally, coat the sides of the sandwich in about 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips.
- Immediately place sandwich onto the prepared baking sheet in the freezer. Repeat for all ice cream sandwiches.
- Enjoy immediately! Storing instructions below.
- Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container in the freezer for 1-2 weeks.
- More Gluten Free Vegan frozen dessert recipes: vegan ice cream bars (paleo), strawberry coconut popsicles (paleo), chocolate peanut butter banana popsicles.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
If you love these Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches, you’ll adore these frozen treat recipes:
☀︎ Gluten Free Vegan Frozen Dessert Recipes
Chocolate-covered frozen dessert YUM: Vegan Ice Cream Bars (Paleo, V, GF, DF).
Coconut, chocolate chips, more coconut: so much to love in this Coconut Chocolate Chip Vegan Ice Cream (Paleo, V, GF, Dairy-Free) recipe!
Just 4 ingredients til summer treat bliss: Dark Chocolate Nice Cream (Paleo, V, GF, Dairy-Free).
So creamy and so easy to make: Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Nice Cream (Paleo, V, GF, Dairy-Free).