No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Dough Bars (V, GF, DF): an easy recipe for decadent peanut butter cookie dough bars topped with a thick layer of chocolate and bursting with oats. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
You guys!! I never got chance to tell you how massive of a snowstorm hit Maine a few weeks ago… It was INSANE!! At the time, my sister Jenny, who lives in Boston, told me that the snow was gonna hit them hard. But then, she told me that it was gonna hit us in Maine way harder than it was gonna hit them. And now I have to stop saying “hit” because it’s giving me all of these creepy vibes.
Anyway. How did all of this turn into No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Dough Bars?
Here’s the thing: when a HUGE, like a huge-mungous snowstorm hits, you start thinking about how you’re gonna survive if you’re snowed in for like a month. Okay, a month is beyond terrifying. But that’s totally what was going through my and Erik’s minds when it… er… happened. Not that other “h” word.
I know what you’re thinking (yes, I also gained psychic powers during this mystical storm): How bad could it be? It’s just a few inches. No biggie! Time to get out the sleds and make a big batch of hot chocolate. But, no. Just no.
At the beginning of the storm, the snow started piling up in a picturesque, highly deceiving manner. It was fluffy and pretty. Like a magical snow globe. We were living in a beautiful, ABC Family movie-level winter wonderland. Soon, delightful wintry hijinks and some kind of romantic fairytale junk would start happening.
I was sure of it!
Oh, how naïve we were… A few hours into the storm, we couldn’t open our front door because it was blocked by two feet of snow. A few hours after that, HALF of our door was covered. A few hours after that, we could not see out of the window at the top of our door!! In fact, a bunch of our windows were in blackout mode due to being completely covered in snow.
That’s some freaky ish right?? Well, as the snow continued to pile on and scare the cookie dough bites out of us, we started to take a good, hard look at our lives. And by “good, hard look,” I mean we took inventory of how much food we had managed to store in our home.
And were we happy with what we found!! As I mentioned way back when, we had converted our bookshelves for a more important purpose in life: storing baking supplies such as sacks and sacks of almond meal, 5 lb bags of ground flaxseed, huge tubs of coconut oil, like 100 lbs of chocolate chips and all of the peanut butter in all of the land.
We were more than pleased with ourselves, quickly having calculated that we would survive a month-long home entrapment due to snowstorm madness. Being sufficiently pleased that we could survive that or an apocalypse full of delightful zombies, we realized it was time to bake! Er… no bake… because who knew how long the gas, heating, electric supplies would last in said apocalypse??
So guess what I whipped up? A tasty little concoction that combined all of our favorite things: cookie dough, peanut butter, chocolate, and our much beloved oats. Side note: by “our,” I, of course, totally mean you and me, dear reader. 😉 Who cares about Erik, anyway? Pfft! 😜
These No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Dough Bars are:
- thick, decadent and oh-so blissfully GOOD
- easy to make
- amazingly dense and rich like cookie dough
- vegan, gluten free, dairy-free
- a Chocolate Peanut Butter Lover’s dream
- bursting with double the chocolate
- and double the peanut butter
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- protein-rich, refined-sugar free
- as close to a healthy cookie dough dessert as you can get!
- melt-in-your-mouth awesome
- so perfect for making when you’re stuck at home and letting your imagination get away from you
- great for dessert, a post or pre workout snack, or surviving a would-be wintry apocalypse
So grab your emergency flashlight, 2-month baking supply, space blanket, favorite peanut butter, your tastiest vegan chocolate chips, and just a few no-baking supplies. It’s time to get our dessert on! I can’t wait to hear what you think. In the meantime, tell me:
What’s your favorite way to eat peanut butter?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup assorted vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Make the cookie dough: In a large bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour and salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold the ingredients together until well combined. Fold in the Add-in Ingredients.
- Pour cookie dough into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Make the chocolate topping: Use the double boiler method or the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add Chocolate Topping ingredients. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth and well mixed.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the cookie dough bars. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. Okay to store at room temperature after the first day of refrigeration.
- Freezing instructions: store in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes if you like them soft. I found them firm, but tasty, straight out of the freezer.
- More No Bake recipes (all V, GF, DF): 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites.
- More Peanut Butter Love desserts (all V, GF, DF): no bake double chocolate peanut butter energy bites, peanut butter oatmeal cookies, peanut butter banana ice cream smoothie.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
☀︎ Delicious Peanut Butter Recipes
If you enjoyed these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Dough Bars, then you’ll just love these recipes…
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (V, GF, DF, Whole Grain)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites (No Bake, V, GF, DF, Whole Grain)
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (V, GF, DF, 4 Ingredient)
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Smoothie (V, GF, DF, No Added Sugar)
More Peanut Butter recipes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles (V, GF, DF)
Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies (V, GF, DF, Whole Grain)
2 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (V, GF, DF, Easy)