4 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Energy Bars (V, GF, DF): an easy recipe for simple salty ‘n sweet energy bars that taste like peanut butter cookies! Vegan, Gluten Free, Protein-Packed, Dairy-Free.
- 10 Medjool dates (3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons dates, packed)
- ¾ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, greased foil or wax paper. Set aside.
- Add dates and peanut butter to a food processor. Blend until you get a somewhat cohesive, sticky and crumbly mixture, like chunks of wet sand/dough. This will take about a minute. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Add in peanuts, vanilla and salt (if using). Blend until the peanuts are fully-incorporated and you get a soft, crumbly mixture, with a few small bits and pieces of peanuts still visible. It’s ready when you can pinch the mixture between your fingers and it holds together.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Press down and smooth into a tightly-packed, even layer.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes, until very firm. Remove from freezer and slice into 18 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my No Bake Chocolate Pecan Bars.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature or the refrigerator for 1-3 weeks.
– Freezing instructions: store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
– More No Bake recipes (all V, GF, DF): no bake peanut butter coconut cookies, no bake almond joy energy bites, no bake chocolate almond butter bars (paleo).
- Category: No Bake, Vegan, Gluten Free, Protein-Packed, No Added Sugar, Dairy-Free