4 Ingredient Peppermint Chocolate Crunch Bars (GF, V, DF): a one bowl, 4-ingredient recipe for crispy, cool mint crunch bars perfect for the holidays! Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1 ½ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside at room temperature. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later.
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method, or do the following: add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a medium, microwave-safe bowl (large enough to add cereal later). Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melty. Stir in between heating, until smooth. Add peppermint and stir until well-incorporated.
- Add cereal to melted chocolate. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well incorporated. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the spatula, smooth into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the mixture.
- Transfer this pan into the freezer. Freeze for 10-15 minutes. Thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Slice into 18 rectangular bars (3 rows by 6 columns). Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Storing notes: store in an airtight container for 1 week (at room temperature), 1-2 weeks (in the refrigerator), or up to 2 months (in the freezer). Best if stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
– If storing in the freezer, thaw for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
– Holiday treats (all V, GF, DF): pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough, paleo vegan chocolate coconut truffles, no bake chocolate pecan bars, double chocolate chip cookies.
– More homemade candy (all V, GF, DF): cookie dough cups, paleo Almond Joy, almond butter cups, chocolate chip cookie dough truffles.
- Category: Candy, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free