5 Ingredient Ultimate No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe (V, GF): The ULTIMATE Reese’s peanut butter cup inspired dessert bar: thick layers of chocolate and peanut butter topped with crunchy peanuts and velvety chocolate drizzle. Vegan, Healthy Desserts, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Protein-Rich.
Let the countdown to Halloween begin!!! Did you totally just hear me say that in my spookiest Halloween voice? It’s only 12 days till the creepiest and most fun day of the year… in my honest and spooktacular opinion.
Keeping with tradition, you know I’ve got to write a little Halloween rhyme for you:
Spiders slowly drop and crawl towards bars of chocolate,
Witches mix bubbling brews that taste gross like mockolate.
Children scream with delight for costumes covered in scars,
I hope you’ll love these ultimate chocolate peanut butter bars!
Welcome, welcome to the most frightful day of the year,
Let’s make treats in the kitchen ’til the frightful chills draws near!
Quick: who got my Friends reference?!? Who?? And who still totally didn’t believe that mockolate tasted gross anyway, because, um: CHOCOLATE! How could that taste bad, right?? Okay fine… it probably does, in fact, taste bad when it’s—oh darn, I’m getting off track again. It’s just…
I’m SO excited about Halloween!! Can you tell? How about you? Are you a big fan, somewhere near “meh”, or perhaps you don’t celebrate it at all where you live? Tell me more! I’m just sittin’ here, waiting, with my listening cap on. 😉
Anywho, something about Halloween ALWAYS makes me crave chocolate and peanut butter. What’s up with that? It’s probably something deeply-ingrained from trick-or-treating-delicious-candy-eating habits: ah… those good ol’ peanut butter cups, almond joys, and more! Nowadays, when the craving hits, I simply make my own at home.
Or, more realistically, I go on a candy-making spree, make like 2 batches of each and freeze them for when those cravings hit. Anyone else do this? 🙂
What’s your favorite candy?
So this year, I thought it’d be best to truly, truly go all out on the chocolate peanut butter theme. You ready for these 5 Ingredient Ultimate No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars? Let’s do it!
If you’ve tried my 4 ingredient no bake chocolate peanut butter bars before, then you might already be a fan. They’re made with just four ingredients (just a reminder in case you didn’t read the title hehe), super easy to throw together, and one of the most popular recipes on Beaming Baker.
Way back when I was seriously craving a chocolate peanut butter bar—which some folks call Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Bars, or Lunchroom Peanut Butter Bars or Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars (I think??) or Peanut Butter Squares School Recipe, I was going kinda cray thinking I’d never be able to make ‘em with whole ingredients. Like, how was I gonna replace the powdered sugar? How would I make no bake peanut butter bars without graham crackers? And to make these vegan, how to replace the butter?
I just put that quandary at the back of my mind (and mentally patted myself on the back for using “quandary” in a sentence for the day). All the while, months went by and my mind slowly started figuring it out: pare down the entire recipe to its simplest elements: peanut butter, chocolate, a sweetener and a thickener.
Anyway, you can read all about it in the post… point is, since that recipe has been made over and over and over again (at my house and yours, yeah!!), I’ve been thinking about how to upgrade it. This time, I wanted to still make sure that the ingredients were whole and super simple. Plus, who’d really want to say the bars were 10 ingredients when we started out with a delightful 4 anyway?!
So I reduced the thickness of each layer (don’t cry, it’ll all work out…), added deliciously nutty (but not because they’re legumes, but STILL) peanuts, and topped that all off with a mouthwatering chocolate peanut butter drizzle. So… whaddya think?
Tell me you’re not drooling looking at these right now.
Best of all, these 5 Ingredient Ultimate No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are a TOTAL showstopper. Perfect for bringing to all your holiday events, be it Halloween, Christmas, Kwanzaa, your latest Netflix binge-a-thon and more.
When you take a bite, it’s just… the best thing ever. Crunchy peanuts interlaced with a chocolate drizzle, then sinking into a thick layer of peanut butter-fied chocolate, then another layer of soft, thick peanut butter. It’s soooooooo good.
Prep a batch the night before a get-together and prepare to woo your friends and family with this plant-based-dessert awesomeness. Yeah, I said it!
But just in case you’re not convinced yet, let me tell you all about these 5 Ingredient Ultimate No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. They’re:
- made with just 5 ingredients
- (come on, that’s almost as good as 4 ingredients!)
- wonderfully easy and delightfully no bake
- vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free
- packed with so many layers of mouthwatering peanut butter flavor
- just the right balance of chocolate and peanut butter
- deliciously refined sugar-free
- a tasty recipe for folks craving peanut butter bars without graham crackers
- wonderfully protein-packed
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- (if you’re allergic to peanuts, use sunbutter! ;))
- made with the simple, whole and healthy ingredients you love
- basically, the closest you can get to deliciously indulgent no bake peanut butter bars that are still pretty healthy
- perfect for Halloween, Christmas, and all the holiday parties
- just the dessert, special afternoon snack or lovely treat you’re looking for
It’s high time we get our chocolate peanut butter on! You grab the chocolate chips, I’ll grab my 10-gallon jar of peanut butter (who’s surprised). It’s seriously the best making these homemade treats with you—who says we can’t have all the delicious things without being healthy and BOSSome? 😉 I’m so grateful to have you here with me. I can’t wait to hear what you think! In the meantime, tell me:
What’s your favorite nut butter?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
SHOP THE RECIPE
[amazon_link asins=’B001K21XJE,B00HB555YI,B00NY8ULKE,B0083QJU72,B005EEYGCA,B00H6YILW2,B003W0UNM0′ template=’BB-ProductCarousel’ store=’beamingbake0c-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5fdb7f99-add1-11e7-a949-511b26fdfed0′]
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
- ⅔ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅔ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later. Set aside at room temperature.
- Make the peanut butter layer: In a medium bowl, add Peanut Butter Layer ingredients: ⅔ cup peanut butter, ¼ cup maple syrup, and ⅓ cup coconut flour. Whisk until thickened and difficult to stir. Switch to folding with a rubber spatula until well-incorporated.
- Pour this peanut butter mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate topping: Use the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Topping ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl: ⅔ cup chocolate chips and ⅓ cup peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melty. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth chocolate into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the chocolate.
- Add Peanut Topping: Sprinkle chopped peanuts over chocolate topping. Set aside while preparing the drizzle.
- Drizzle the bars: In a microwave-safe bowl, add ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ teaspoon peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a small zip bag and trim a tiny corner off; or, spoon chocolate into a small piping bottle. Pipe chocolate in a zigzag pattern across the top of the bars.
- Freeze for 45-60 minutes, or until hardened. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 squares.
- Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
- On the first day, these bars are best stored in the refrigerator. Serve and enjoy within 1 hour.
- After the first day, you may store these bars in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks. Starting week 2, the bars are a bit drier (like Reese’s PB cup filling), but still delicious.
- These bars freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until softened.
- Peanut Butter Love recipes: peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast bars, chocolate peanut butter crunch bars, no bake peanut butter coconut oatmeal cookies.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
If you enjoyed these plant-based, allergy-friendly 5 Ingredient Ultimate No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, then you’ll just love these delicious brownie recipes:
☀︎ More Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Recipes ☀︎
4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Bars | Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Smoothie | No Bake Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites | Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cup Brownies | No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars | 4 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies | Peanut Butter Truffles | 2 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge | and… Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, just for fun. 😉
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.