5 Ingredient Ultimate No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe (V, GF): The ULTIMATE chocolate peanut butter lover’s Reese’s peanut butter cup inspired dessert bar: thick layers of chocolate and peanut butter topped with crunchy peanuts and velvety chocolate drizzle. Vegan, Healthy Desserts, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Protein-Rich.
Peanut Butter Layer
- 2/3 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later. Set aside at room temperature.
- Make the peanut butter layer: In a medium bowl, add Peanut Butter Layer ingredients: 2/3 cup peanut butter, ¼ cup maple syrup, and 1/3 cup coconut flour. Whisk until thickened and difficult to stir. Switch to folding with a rubber spatula until well-incorporated.
- Pour this peanut butter mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate topping: Use the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Topping ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl: 2/3 cup chocolate chips and 1/3 cup peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melty. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth chocolate into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the chocolate.
- Add Peanut Topping: Sprinkle chopped peanuts over chocolate topping. Set aside while preparing the drizzle.
- Drizzle the bars: In a microwave-safe bowl, add ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ teaspoon peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a small zip bag and trim a tiny corner off; or, spoon chocolate into a small piping bottle. Pipe chocolate in a zigzag pattern across the top of the bars.
- Freeze for 45-60 minutes, or until hardened. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 squares.
- Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
– On the first day, these bars are best stored in the refrigerator. Serve and enjoy within 1 hour.
– After the first day, you may store these bars in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks. Starting week 2, the bars are a bit drier (like Reese’s PB cup filling), but still delicious.
– These bars freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until softened.
– Peanut Butter Love recipes: peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast bars, chocolate peanut butter crunch bars, no bake peanut butter coconut oatmeal cookies.
- Cuisine: Dessert, Snacks, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Peanut Butter