Best Vegan Gluten Free Moist Chocolate Muffins (V,GF): this easy moist gluten free double chocolate muffins recipe is incredible! It’s the best vegan chocolate muffins recipe—egg free, healthy ingredients! Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s very finely ground—not coarse
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup about 3/4 of the way for a greater quantity of smaller muffins, or all the way to the top for a smaller quantity of big, domed-top muffins. Bake for 16-24 minutes (on the higher end for larger muffins). Mine took 24 minutes for larger muffins. Insert a toothpick to test for doneness—it should come out mostly dry, with a few muffin bits on it.
- Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin pan and continue cooling on rack until completely cool, 1-3 hours. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Dark Chocolate Muffins.
– Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– Freezing instructions: store in a freezer-friendly, airtight container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
– Serving suggestion: after muffins completely cool, they’re firmer, drier and ready to store. To enjoy as if they’re fresh-baked (like an hour ago!): heat in 10-second increments until just warm. SO good! They’ll become soft and moist again. 🙂
- Category: Muffins, Breakfast, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy, Refined Sugar-Free