Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes (V, GF): an easy recipe for perfectly moist chocolate cupcakes covered in a thick layer of rich chocolate ganache frosting! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup about 3/4 of the way for smaller cupcakes, or, almost to the top for larger cupcakes with big, round tops. Bake for 16-20 minutes. Mine took 18 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick– it should come out with a few dry bits of cake on it, but no liquidy batter.
- Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 20 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Lay a large sheet of wax paper or parchment paper on an even surface. Make this Chocolate Ganache. Dip one cupcake top into the ganache, twisting the cupcake as needed to coat the top completely. Scrape off excess as needed and flip cupcake right side up, being careful not to let ganache drip down the sides of the cupcake. Place onto the prepared work surface and repeat for all cupcakes. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Also try topping these muffins with my 2 Ingredient Homemade Chocolate Frosting.
– Storage notes: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Okay to keep at room temperature for up to 3 days, in a cool, dark environment.
– Freezing Instructions: Store frosted cupcakes in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 15-40 minutes before enjoying.
– More Chocolate Baked Goods (all V, GF): Fudgy Paleo Maple Pecan Brownies, Chocolate Banana Nut Bread, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Category: Dessert, Chocolate, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free