Double Chocolate Pecan Brownies (V, GF, DF): an easy recipe for rich, fudgy brownies packed with pecans and chocolate drizzle. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 10 mins)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons oat flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles grainy caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Whisk in vanilla and salt.
- Add flax eggs in, whisking until well incorporated. In thirds, whisk in the oat flour. As the batter gets harder to whisk, switch to folding with a rubber spatula until well incorporated.
- Fold in ½ cup pecans and ¼ cup chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- For the topping, sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans evenly over brownies. Press pecans down into the top of the brownies.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes. Mine took 30 minutes. Cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Lift brownies out of baking pan and place onto an even surface. Slice into 16 squares. Using a rubber spatula or fork, nudge brownies apart, creating some space in between them.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add 1/4 cup chocolate chips and ¼ teaspoon coconut oil. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a small zip bag and trim a tiny corner off. Pipe chocolate in a zigzag pattern across the top of each brownie. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my Best Vegan Brownies and my Gluten Free Vegan Brownies.
– To harden the chocolate drizzle for easier storing, freeze for 10-20 minutes.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
– Freezing instructions: These brownies freeze well. Wrap in parchment or wax paper. Store in an airtight freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
– More chocolate recipes (all v, gf, df): cookie dough truffles, PB cup brownies, chocolate banana nut bread.
– More Fall/pecan recipes (all v, gf, df): caramel apple tartlets, pumpkin pie smoothie, one bowl pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins.
- Category: Dessert, Brownies, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free