Gluten Free Moist Mint Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins (V, GF): an easy recipe for deliciously moist ‘n rich dark chocolate mint muffins bursting with festive peppermint flavors & melty chocolate chips! Made with healthy ingredients.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ¾ teaspoons pure peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegan mini chocolate chips
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup and extracts. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup about 3/4 of the way for a greater quantity of smaller muffins, or all the way to the top for a smaller quantity of big, domed-top muffins. Bake for 16-24 minutes (on the higher end for larger muffins). Mine took 24 minutes for larger muffins. Insert a toothpick to test for doneness—it should come out mostly dry, with a few muffin bits on it.
- Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin pan and continue cooling on rack until completely cool, 1-3 hours. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Easy Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins.
– Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– Freezing instructions: store in a freezer-friendly, airtight container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
- Category: Muffins, Breakfast, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy, Refined Sugar-Free