Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cups (V+GF): a simple, 5-ingredient recipe for rich, chocolate cups stuffed with peanut butter filling. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
Peanut Butter Filling
- ½ cup unsalted, natural peanut butter*
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside. Clear some space in the freezer for the muffin pan.
- Make the peanut butter filling: In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut flour. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and place into the freezer for 15-20 minutes—this allows the peanut butter filling to chill and harden for easier molding.
- Remove bowl from the freezer. Scoop 2 teaspoons of peanut butter filling into your hands and press into a flat disc. Repeat until you’ve made 12 peanut butter discs.
- Make the chocolate: Two methods for making the chocolate coating: Use the double boiler method or the microwave method. For the microwave method: in a medium, microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and coconut oil. Place in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat again in 20-30 second increments until the chocolate chips are just softened. Be careful not to overheat. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Make the peanut butter cups: Drop 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Lightly tap the pan to smooth chocolate into an even layer, filling the bottom of the cup. Gently lay a peanut butter disc flat on top of the melted chocolate layer. Repeat until each cup has a peanut butter disc.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate over the peanut butter disc. Gently spread until you get an even top. Repeat until you have finished making every cup.
- Place muffin pan into freezer. Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer. Peel off cupcake liners. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes. Enjoy!
– *Make sure you use peanut butter that has only one ingredient: peanuts. Your PB should be naturally drippy and liquidy to work in this recipe.
– Adapted from my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cups.
– At room temperature: store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
– In the freezer: store in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Be sure to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
– More Peanut Butter recipes.
- Category: No Bake, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free