Deliciously soft healthy breakfast bars bursting with fruits, nuts and seeds. The best healthy breakfast bars recipe!
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons mashed, very ripe banana (about 1 medium banana)
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled banana. Using a fork or dough blender (recommended), mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well mixed. Fold in seeds, dried fruit and walnuts.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes, until just lightly golden around the edges. Mine took 15 minutes. Cool for about 1 hour. Slice into bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Healthy Breakfast Bars: Reader Favorites
Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Unsalted Natural Creamy Peanut Butter | Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Pure Vanilla Extract | Organic Pumpkin Seeds | No Added Sugar Dried Cranberries | Raw Walnuts
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American