Maple Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF, DF): an easy recipe for deliciously soft and chewy oat flour chocolate chip cookies bursting with maple and pecans. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Oat Flour.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 10 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsalted pecans, chopped
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- For topping: 2 tablespoons each of chopped pecans and vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until you get a sticky and thoroughly combined ball of soft dough. Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl of cookie dough. Let sit for 10-15 minutes at room temperature—this allows the dry mixture to absorb the wet mixture and become more cohesive.*
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies into a round disc—they will not spread during baking. Press pecans and chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Using a flat, heatproof spatula, lift cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my Vegan Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies and my Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.
– *You can skip this step, but the dough is more likely to be too sticky to flatten with a fork. Also, the cookies are less likely to have a beautiful texture.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
– These cookies freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1 month.
– More cookie recipes: double chocolate chip cookies, cranberry chocolate chip, peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal.
– Holiday gift recipe ideas: chocolate coconut truffles, almond butter fudge cups, no bake peanut butter bars, cookie dough truffles.
- Category: Cookies, Vegan, Gluten Free, Whole Grain, Dairy-Free