Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF): my FAVORITE vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies have crisp edges, chewy centers and are chockfull of chocolate! This vegan gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe is Dairy-Free & made from Plant-Based, Whole Ingredients and is Non-Dairy.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Optionally, dot cookies with chocolate chips. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness. The cookies will crumble at the edges a bit after flattening—use your fingers to squish the edges back together.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing cookies to firm up for about 15 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Amazing Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Coconut Sugar | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Refined Sugar Free Paleo Chocolate (make sure to chop before using) | Ground Flaxseed | super fine Gluten Free Oat Flour or try Homemade Oat Flour | Coconut Oil | Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Raw Walnuts
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could result in crumbly, fall-apart cookies.
- Storing Notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. I like using this set of reusable bags to store my cookies. For on-the-go, I like using these sandwich-sized snack bags.
- Recommended Tools: Small or Medium Cookie Scoop | 4 Event Kitchen Timer | My Favorite Prep Bowls | Glass Mixing Bowls | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Reusable Zip Bags
- Category: Cookies, Healthy Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American