Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: my FAVORITE vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies have crisp edges, chewy centers and are chockfull of chocolate! Dairy-Free, Plant-Based.
- 1 cup old-fashioned, rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Optionally, dot cookies with chocolate chips. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness. The cookies will crumble at the edges a bit after flattening—use your fingers to squish the edges back together.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing cookies to firm up for about 15 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Amazing Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
Where to Buy Ingredients: Coconut Sugar | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Refined Sugar Free Paleo Chocolate (make sure to chop before using) | Ground Flaxseed | try Homemade Oat Flour | Coconut Oil | Raw Walnuts
- Category: Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies