No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars: this easy paleo dessert recipe yields deliciously thick no bake almond butter bars topped with velvety paleo chocolate. It’s the best quick & simple paleo sweets recipe! Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Healthy, Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment or wax paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan. Set aside at room temperature.
- Make the Almond Butter Layer: In a medium bowl, add Almond Butter Layer ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until thoroughly mixed and thickened, with no flour patches remaining.
- Transfer the almond butter mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
- Make the Paleo Chocolate Topping: Use the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Topping ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melty. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the almond butter filling. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth chocolate into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the chocolate.
- Transfer pan to freezer. Freeze for 45-60 minutes, or until hardened. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 squares or 32 rectangular bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (V, GF).
Easy Paleo Desserts You’ll Love!
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Paleo Chocolate or Vegan Chocolate Chips | Coconut Flour | Unsalted Creamy Almond Butter | Pure Maple Syrup
- Storing Instructions: On the first day, store in the refrigerator–the topping needs to firm completely. Serve and enjoy within 1 hour. After the first day, you may store these bars in an airtight container at room temperature (1-2 weeks), refrigerator (1-2 weeks). Starting week 2, the bars are a bit drier (like Reese’s PB cup filling), but still delicious.
- Freezing Instructions: These bars freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 10 minutes before enjoying.
- Recommended Tools: 8-inch Baking Pan | Unbleached Parchment Paper | 4oz Prep Bowls | My Favorite Knife
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: No bake paleo chocolate almond butter bars, simple quick paleo desserts, easy best paleo desserts recipes, recipes with almond butter