Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe (V, GF): an easy recipe for chewy, dense chocolate chocolate oatmeal cookies made with cocoa powder and bursting with chocolate flavor and wholesome oats. Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Healthy.
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, using a rubber spatula, stir together all of the dry ingredients until well-mixed: oats, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using the spatula, fold and stir until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet, spread evenly apart. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of cookies. Using a fork, flatten to desired thickness—they will only spread a tiny bit. Cookie dough will be sticky.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Try my favorite Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Cookies: my Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and my 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (both V+GF).
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
– Freezing Instructions: store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Cookies, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Healthy