Learn how to make vegan buttermilk with just 2 ingredients. This buttermilk is vegan and can be used in any recipe as a vegan buttermilk substitute!
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (preferred) or other vegan milk – make sure to use unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, or white vinegar
- Add soy milk to a small mixing bowl or cup.
- Add apple cider vinegar.
- Whisk together and set for 5-10 minutes, until thickened and curdled.
- Use as a vegan buttermilk substitute in baked goods! Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Storing Instructions: Keep vegan buttermilk in a tightly sealed jar for up to 4 days. Use the freshest non-dairy milk possible to lengthen the life of your vegan buttermilk.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: How To, Dessert, Breakfast
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American