No Bake Chocolate Coconut Bites: A quick recipe for soft, chewy and indulgent no bake chocolate coconut bites. Vegan, gluten-free and delicious.
- ½ cup natural, unsalted peanut butter or almond butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes for rolling
- In a large bowl, whisk together the nut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder and water. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in coconut, oats, almond meal and flax. Stir until you get a cohesive, dough-like mixture. Towards the end, I use a rubber spatula to fold the dough.
- Scoop mixture into your hands and roll into bites. Optionally, roll in coconut flakes.
– Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. If you like them firm, you can store them in the fridge.
– These also keep well in the freezer for up to a month.
- Category: no bake, snacks