Rich dark vegan chocolate coats salty, crunchy pretzels for the best vegan chocolate covered pretzels!
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 40 pretzels
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Clear some room in the refrigerator for this sheet. You’ll need it later.
- Melt the chocolate: use the double boiler method or do the following to melt the chocolate. Add vegan chocolate chips to a microwave-safe, medium bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until melty and smooth. Make sure to stir in between each heating increment and don’t overheat.
- Dip the pretzels: Fill a bowl full of pretzels for easy grabbing. Drop one pretzel into the bowl of melted chocolate. Grab a pair of chopsticks or similar utensil. Use one chopstick to spear a crevice in the pretzel to pick it up and flip it, thereby coating the opposite side in chocolate.
- Spear another chopstick into another crevice in the pretzel, now shake excess chocolate off the pretzel. I like to remove one of the chopsticks and poke a hole into any other crevice that’s filled with melted chocolate. Now, scrape off any excess on the side of the bowl.
- Lay pretzels evenly spaced apart on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until there’s no more melted chocolate left.
- Chill the pretzels: Place the sheet of chocolate covered pretzels in the refrigerator to chill, about 15-25 minutes, or until the coating is completely firm.
- Once firm, peel pretzels off parchment and enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Storing Instructions: Store pretzels in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-3 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Snacks, Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered pretzels, how to make chocolate covered pretzels