Coconut Granola Bars (Paleo): chewy & healthy homemade granola bars bursting with coconut & nuts! Deliciously healthy granola bars—Paleo, Grain-Free, Vegan, Gluten Free.
- 1 cup unsweetened, raw coconut chips
- 2/3 cup nuts, chopped (I used almonds, pecans, walnuts)
- ¼ cup mini vegan chocolate chips or seeds
- ¼ cup golden ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with unbleached parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl: coconut, nuts, chocolate chips, flaxseed, and salt (if using). Stir until well mixed.
- Add all wet ingredients to a medium bowl: coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until very well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the spatula, press mixture firmly down into an even, very tightly packed layer.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes. Mine took 18 minutes. Place baking pan onto a cooling rack to cool for 50-60 minutes, or until completely firm. Lift bars and parchment paper onto the cooling rack. Allow to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice into 12-18 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Healthy Snacks You’ll Love
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Raw Coconut Chips | Mini Vegan Chocolate Chips or Sugar Free Mini Chocolate Chips | Nuts: Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Pumpkin Seeds | Natural Almond Butter | Coconut Sugar | Coconut Oil | Pure Maple Syrup
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Healthy Snacks, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American