Vegan Coconut Truffles – Paleo Chocolate Coconut Balls! This gluten free dairy-free truffles recipe is easy! It’s the best 4-ingredient paleo coconut balls – dipped in chocolate, healthy.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid or melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Chocolate Dip Layer
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside for later.
- Make the coconut balls: Add coconut, coconut oil and maple syrup to a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a wet and sticky mixture, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop very tightly-packed balls of coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart. If needed, gently press and shape loose bits of mixture into a firm ball. Repeat until no mixture remains.
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes. About 5 minutes before the balls are done freezing, it’s time to prepare the chocolate dip layer.
- Make the Chocolate Dip Layer: Use the double boiler method, or the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add the Chocolate Dip Layer ingredients: add ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and ½ teaspoon coconut oil. Heat in 20-second increments until just slightly softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Remove coconut balls from the freezer. Dip the bottom of one ball into the bowl of melted chocolate, using the side of the bowl to scrape off excess. Lay back onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all coconut balls have been coated.
- Make the chocolate drizzle: add Chocolate Drizzle ingredients to the bowl of leftover melted chocolate. Heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until just softened. Stir until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape melted chocolate into a zip bag, then trim a tiny corner off. Holding the bag over a coconut ball, pipe the chocolate in a zigzag pattern. Repeat for all balls.
- Place baking sheet into the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week. Or, store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
– If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying.
– Nutrition Info is an estimation based on 15 total truffles made for this recipe.
- Category: Candy, Dessert, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 1g