Irresistibly chewy Vegan Coconut Macaroons with crisp edges and sweet coconut flavor. Just 4 ingredients! Paleo, Healthy.
Gather ‘round, because today’s vegan coconut macaroons are OFF THE CHARTS good. Like, I had no choice but to yell “off the charts” GOOD. They’re the best coconut macaroons I’ve ever had.
These vegan coconut macaroons are paleo, healthy and oh-so friggin’ easy to make. Have I got your attention yet? If not, consider that they’re made with just 4 ingredients, take less than 10 minutes to prep and are guilt-free to boot.
When I first shared this recipe a few years ago, I nervously and excitedly brought a few of these over to my sister Jenny’s house. She is THE connoisseur of junk food, sweets, and all things indulgent. So if she approves of something, I know it can stack up to the traditional faves/classics we all grew up with.
She took one bite of my vegan coconut macaroons, with the blankest, most neutral face ever (to keep things honest and fair). Then, immediately LOST it. Her eyes grew big like saucers and practically popped out of her head. Her mouth dropped open, then closed immediately so as to not lose even one bite of coconut macaroon.
Then, she exclaimed, “WOW. These taste like the REAL THING.” So are you ready to try vegan coconut macaroons that taste like the real thing? Let’s bake this!
How to Make Vegan Coconut Macaroons
Before you get started, make sure to preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add all vegan coconut macaroon ingredients to a food processor: coconut, almond flour, coconut oil and maple syrup. Blend until all ingredients are well mixed and you get a thick, sticky coconut macaroon mixture.
Scoop and drop paleo coconut macaroons balls onto the baking sheet you prepared earlier.
Bake, Cool and Enjoy
Bake, cool and enjoy the best healthy coconut macaroons! Yep, that’s all there is to it. 😉
The 4 ingredients you need for Perfect Paleo Macaroons
To make coconut macaroons with coconut flour, follow my Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons Recipe.
Pure Maple Syrup
Lynn says, “Too good to be true! … Couldn’t be any easier or tastier. I especially love the crunch around the outside. Thanks so much!”
DS says, “I had a bag of coconut flour sitting and was looking for an egg free macaroon recipe. Landed on yours and made a trial batch halving the recipe. All were gone the moment it came out of oven. Absolutely delicious!”
Steph says, “Oh how I’ve missed macaroons since giving up eggs. This recipe is ah-mazing!!! I’ve made it twice in the past 2 days & probably could eat the whole batch in one sitting. This is my new go-to cookie recipe.”
Heather says, “Made these tonight with 100% success! …They’re beautiful and delicious! I sprinkled a little pink Himalayan sea salt on top of the mounds right before I put them in the oven. I’m a sucker for that salty and sweet thing. I can’t wait to try your lemon flavored variety! Thank you for the awesome recipe and fantastic instructions.”
Coconut Recipes For You:
- 2 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Candy Clusters
- Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
How to Store Vegan Coconut Macaroons
These vegan coconut macaroons stay fresh and are tasty for quite a while! Simply store cooled vegan coconut macaroons in an airtight container, kept away from heat sources, for up to 1 month.
Place healthy coconut macaroons in a freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. You can thaw them before enjoying, or enjoy the macaroons straight out of the freezer (if you like your coconut macaroons really firm).
Just 5 mins of prep for the best vegan coconut macaroons—chewy, moist centers, and deliciously crispy edges!
I cannot wait to hear what you think of my vegan coconut macaroons! Be sure to leave a comment below if you make them—I love hearing from you. Looking forward to our next baking adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Vegan Coconut Cookies & Desserts
- 4 Ingredient Ultimate Chewy Vegan Coconut Cookies (Gluten Free, Paleo)
- 5 Ingredient Vegan Coconut Chocolate Bars
- Coconut Milk Ice Cream – Keto Coconut Ice Cream
- Healthy Breakfast Oatmeal Coconut Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Low Carb Macaroons: Keto Coconut Macaroons Recipe (Low Carb, GF)
Vegan Coconut Macaroons: irresistibly chewy Vegan Coconut Macaroons with crisp edges and sweet coconut flavor. Just 4 ingredients! Paleo, Healthy.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients (coconut, almond flour, oil and maple syrup) to a food processor. Here are the gluten-free small coconut flakes that I use–you must use small coconut flakes in this recipe, about the size of sprinkles–see the recipe video for visuals. Using large coconut flakes will result in flat, spread-out cookies.
- Blend until you get a thick and sticky mixture that holds together, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces. If any maple syrup remains at the bottom of the processor, fold into dough until well mixed.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop firmly packed balls of coconut mixture. Drop onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart–they will increase a bit in size.
- Bake for 12-16 mins, until golden around the edges and slightly golden on top. Mine took 15 mins for large ones. Place baking sheet onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 30 mins-1 hour. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Looking for Coconut Macaroons made with coconut flour? Try this Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons Recipe (Dairy-Free, Egg-Free).
Vegan Coconut Recipes You’ll Love:
*You must use small coconut flakes for this recipe. The coconut flakes should be the size of sprinkles, or about half a grain of rice. Large coconut flakes will result in flat, spread out cookies. Here are the gluten-free small coconut flakes that I use (pictures included).
**Solid coconut oil is best for this recipe. Using melted coconut oil will result in smaller macaroons.
How to use Coconut Flour instead of Almond Flour: try this Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons Recipe (Dairy-Free, Egg-Free) instead.
Storing Notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature. If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying.
Nutrition Info is an estimate calculated based on 15 total macaroons (halfway between the medium and large macaroons).
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 macaroon
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: vegan coconut macaroons, paleo coconut macaroons, healthy coconut macaroons
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.