Vegan Coconut Truffles – Paleo Chocolate Coconut Balls! This gluten free dairy-free truffles recipe is easy, made with 4 ingredients! It’s the best paleo coconut balls – dipped in chocolate, healthy, whole ingredients. Refined Sugar-Free.
Paleo Coconut Balls!! Yep, just thought I’d scream that at you. For no reason at all. Lol. It’s just… that pretty much sums up my mom’s reaction every time she sees a Beaming Baker treat with, you guessed it: coconut in it. I mean, she goes coconut balls out for that kind of thing. (I could not help myself.)
Coconut balls to the walls? 😉 Okay, I’ll stop now.
Vegan Coconut Truffles – Paleo Coconut Balls
Back on point, if there were some kind of official-official post/representative position for Biggest Coconut Lover Ambassador in the World or something, my mom would be first in line—she inspired these delicious paleo chocolate coconut bars. .
Did I ever tell you, the first time I foolishly took out a jar of coconut oil in front of my mom (in the midst of paleo baking, of course), she was like, WHAT IS THAT? Can I taste it? Smells like coconut!!! Gimmeeeeeeeee!!!
Naturally, she tasted it, prematurely claimed it was amazing, then spat it out like I had cursed her and asked WHY it wasn’t sweet like coconuts. Or tasty like her favorite paleo coconut macaroons.
Aw, mommy… can’t live without her. 😉
Today, I’m dedicating this vegan coconut truffles recipe to my paleo coconut balls-crazy momma. Upon ever-so-carefully taste-testing this recipe, she claimed it was the BEST gluten free dairy free truffles she’d ever had. And, I mean, the woman’s clearly got good taste.
Check out the rest of my recipe post for substitutions notes, storing instructions and more for these paleo vegan coconut truffles! Enjoy.
Vegan Coconut Truffles – My Fave Gluten Free Dairy Free Truffles!
These paleo vegan coconut truffles are my favorite easy recipe to make as a gift (for others or… myself hehe). They’re made with simple, whole and healthy ingredients, fairly quick to make, and a favorite amongst gluten free dairy free truffles lovers. Another vegan paleo coconut fave: these chewy paleo coconut cookies!
How to Make Paleo Coconut Balls (Vegan, Dairy Free)
To make these paleo coconut balls… toss coconut flakes, coconut oil and maple syrup into a food processor. Blend until sticky and well-mixed. Scoop and drop tightly-packed balls of coconut mixture onto a prepared baking sheet. Chill in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Dip and drizzle vegan coconut truffles in melted paleo vegan chocolate. Allow chocolate to set and enjoy! Also.. try this yummy paleo chocolate truffles recipe. Or these these paleo chocolate coconut bars.
How to Store Vegan Coconut Truffles (Dairy-Free, GF)
Store your gluten free dairy-free coconut truffles in an airtight container at room temperature, out of direct sunlight for up to 2 weeks. To freeze, store in a freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month—just remember to thaw the paleo coconut balls before enjoying. Also try my Paleo Almond Joy, it’s incredible!
Substitution Notes for Vegan Paleo Chocolate Coconut Balls
- Coconut Oil: Unfortunately, I haven’t yet found a suitable substitute for coconut oil for the vegan coconut truffles mixture in this recipe. However, you can leave out the coconut oil in the chocolate dip and drizzle.
- Maple Syrup: try brown rice syrup, agave or honey (if not vegan).
- Vegan Chocolate Chips: sub with chopped paleo chocolate or even vegan white chocolate.
- Note: Remember that the more changes that you make to the vegan coconut truffles recipe, the less likely you’ll get ideal results. Test out different subs and see what works for you. 😉
You think my mom is the BEST. Amiright?!? 😉 Well, moms in general are the friggin’ best because: EVERYTHING. How ‘bout I grab my mom, all the best gluten free coconut balls ingredients and meet ya in the kitchen? It’s so wonderful to make these recipes from the heart with you. I’m always grateful. I can’t wait to hear what you think! In the mean time…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
More Paleo Vegan Coconut Recipes (Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
- Ultimate Chewy Paleo Coconut Cookies (Dairy-Free, Vegan, GF)
- Paleo Apple Crisp with coconut (Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free)
- Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies with coconut oil
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Vegan Ice Cream (Paleo, GF)
Vegan Coconut Truffles – Paleo Chocolate Coconut Balls! This gluten free dairy-free truffles recipe is easy! It’s the best 4-ingredient paleo coconut balls – dipped in chocolate, healthy.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid or melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Chocolate Dip Layer
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside for later.
- Make the coconut balls: Add coconut, coconut oil and maple syrup to a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a wet and sticky mixture, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop very tightly-packed balls of coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart. If needed, gently press and shape loose bits of mixture into a firm ball. Repeat until no mixture remains.
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes. About 5 minutes before the balls are done freezing, it’s time to prepare the chocolate dip layer.
- Make the Chocolate Dip Layer: Use the double boiler method, or the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add the Chocolate Dip Layer ingredients: add ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and ½ teaspoon coconut oil. Heat in 20-second increments until just slightly softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Remove coconut balls from the freezer. Dip the bottom of one ball into the bowl of melted chocolate, using the side of the bowl to scrape off excess. Lay back onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all coconut balls have been coated.
- Make the chocolate drizzle: add Chocolate Drizzle ingredients to the bowl of leftover melted chocolate. Heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until just softened. Stir until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape melted chocolate into a zip bag, then trim a tiny corner off. Holding the bag over a coconut ball, pipe the chocolate in a zigzag pattern. Repeat for all balls.
- Place baking sheet into the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week. Or, store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
– If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying.
– Nutrition Info is an estimation based on 15 total truffles made for this recipe.
- Category: Candy, Dessert, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 1g
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Tools to Make Vegan Coconut Truffles (Vegan) – Gluten Free Coconut Balls!
Click the links below to check out my favorite tools & ingredients used to make this paleo vegan coconut truffles recipe.
- Paleo Vegan Chocolate – SUCH an amazing chocolate! Bar none. Hehe. 😉 It’s made with coconut sugar, paleo, dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free. Woohoo!
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – a super popular, allergy-friendly brand of vegan chocolate chips.
- Small Cookie Scoop – Great for tightly-packed paleo coconut balls!
- Coconut Oil – the paleo vegan baker’s (and candy-maker’s) essential.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.