Homemade almond joy bars made with just 5 ingredients!
The best vegan almond joy: perfect coconut bars dipped in rich chocolate topped with roasted almonds and finished with beautiful chocolate drizzle. All made with gluten free, vegan, healthy ingredients!
Are almond joys vegan, gluten free, or healthy? Erm… today they are! In celebration of the spooktastic holiday ahead, I’m sharing my favorite homemade almond joy bars recipe.
It just so happens to be vegan, gluten free, and made with healthy ingredients.
So… will you miss anything with these homemade almond joy bars? Heck no! They’ll have just the right amount of chocolate coating, sweet coconutty chewiness, and, of course, two almond gems apiece. 😉
Ready to make delicious homemade almond joy bars? Let’s do this!
What is Almond Joy?
Almond joy is a popular chocolate coconut bar that’s made with chocolate, coconut and topped with almonds.
What makes this vegan almond joy recipe healthy and gluten free?
All of today’s almond joy ingredients are vegan, including the vegan chocolate chips, coconut oil, maple syrup and almonds.
Today’s recipe is a healthier take on classic Almond Joy candy bars by reducing the amount of ingredients, using less processed ingredients, and leaving out unnecessary ingredients.
COMPARISON: Store-bought Almond Joy vs. Today’s Homemade Almond Joy Recipe
Store-bought Almond Joy Ingredients 
- Corn syrup
- Milk chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, chocolate, milk, lactose, milk fat, nonfat milk, lecithin, PGPR (emulsifier))
- Vegetable oil (palm kernel oil, palm oil, sunflower oil)
- Cocoa, whey, salt
- Hydrolyzed milk protein
- Sodium metabisulfite
Today’s Homemade Almond Joy Ingredients
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Unsweetened coconut flakes or chips
- Coconut oil
- Pure maple syrup
How to make Homemade Almond Joy
Line the pan
Line a loaf pan with wax paper or parchment paper.
Make the coconut bars
Add coconut bar ingredients to a food processor: coconut, coconut oil and maple syrup. Blend until well incorporated & sticky.
Pour your coconut bar mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Make sure to press it down into an even, tightly-packed layer. Chill until firm. Then, slice into 16 bars.
Place the coconut bars onto a lined baking sheet and chill again.
Make the chocolate dip
Melt vegan chocolate until smooth. Remove the coconut bars from the freezer, then dip each bar into the chocolate. Place each bar onto the baking sheet.
Dip one side of an almond into the melted chocolate and press it into the top of half of a bar. Repeat with another almond for two total almonds atop each bar.
Melt more chocolate. Drizzle onto each bar.
Set & Enjoy
Chill until firm and enjoy the best homemade almond joy!
Q&A for Almond Joy
- Are almond joys gluten free? According to Healthline  and Cooking Light , Almond Joy is gluten free. According to the official Hershey company website, “allergen lists quickly become outdated as our product lines change over time.”  So it’s a good idea to check the label before you consume it.
- Are almond joys vegan? No, store-bought almond joy bars are not vegan. They contain a number of milk products and other non-vegan ingredients (see further up in the post for the list of ingredients).
- How do I store today’s vegan almond joy? Simply place your vegan almond joy in an airtight container and store it in the freezer.
- Can I freeze these homemade almond joy bars? Yes, store your homemade almond joy bars in an airtight, freezer-friendly container in the freezer for 1-2 months.
Beautiful coconut bars seated in rich chocolate, topped with almond gems, and accessorized with a gorgeous chocolate drizzle.
Who knew it was so much fun to make homemade almond joy?? Me, me, meee!! And you, you, you!!! 😉 I can’t wait to head into the kitchen with you to make and share the best homemade treats with our loved ones. ‘Til the next sweet adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Almond Joy and Coconut Recipes
- The Best Almond Joy Overnight Oats!
- Chewy Coconut Cookies
- Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- Chocolate Coconut Candy Clusters
- Coconut Chocolate Bars
- 3 Ingredient Kind Bars Recipe – Almond Coconut
- Almond Joy Vegan Paleo Ice Cream
- Coconut Chia Pudding Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Vegan Coconut Macaroons
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.