Easy Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe: learn how to make gluten free banana bread that’s deliciously moist with a soft crumb & beautiful rise. Vegan, Dairy-Free, Plant-Based.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed, very ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup add-ins of your choice – use nut-free if necessary (walnuts, chocolate chips, chopped dried fruit)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a dough blender (recommended) or sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in add-ins.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer, with the shape of a rise down the center—just like a loaf. Using a butter knife, cut a slit slightly off center down the loaf.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Mine took 65 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean when the loaf is done. Cool in pan placed on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Pinch parchment paper & lift paper + banana bread onto cooling rack to complete cooling, about 1-2 additional hours. Slice and enjoy.
Gluten Free Quick Bread Recipes
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Coconut Oil | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Gluten Free Rolled Oats for making Homemade Oat Flour | Pure Vanilla Extract
- A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
- Storing Notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Freezing Instructions: This loaf freezes well. Wrap in parchment paper and store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or pop in the microwave for 10 seconds or more, until just warm.
- Recommended Tools: Mash bananas easier with a Dough Blender | Glass Mixing Bowls | 8-inch Loaf Pan | Loaf Container
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American