Super Moist Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Gluten Free): a healthy banana bread recipe with oats & chocolate! It’s the ultimate vegan oatmeal banana bread—moist, gluten free, dairy-free, made with GF oat flour! Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free.
Sometimes I store a big paper bag of bananas on the floor next to my heater. Consider it my store of always-super-quickly-ripening bananas, ready to go for when the mood for amazingly moist vegan oatmeal banana bread strikes!
Do you engage in such shenanigans for the love of moist banana bread?
I’ve had to on so, so many occasions. Take the testing trials for: Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe, these Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars, for sure, these Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies and more…
I mean, usually what happens is: the mood for banana bread strikes, you rush to the store, grab the ripest bananas you can find (which are usually greener than the Grinch), then wait for said bananas to ripen… 10 days past (or longer bc it’s friggin cold on the East Coast and that’s no joke)… and then you’ve moved on with your life.
Banana bread (with oatmeal or not) completely and utterly forgotten.
And so are those now-perfectly ripe bananas. Bugger!
So I like to store that tightly-folded up paper bag of bananas right next to my heater… in anticipation of the next great Beaming Baker Banana Bake-a-thon. All in sentence case, of course. 😉 Makes it more official (and yummy).
Tell me you go to such lengths for the love of banana bread. Quick, before I feel self-conscious.
Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Gluten Free, Healthy)
Today, I’m sharing my favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! (Just in case you have some perfectly-ripe bananas on hand.) It’s the tastiest & moistest (sp?) healthy oatmeal banana bread recipe you’ll ever have.
Great news! It’s made with gluten free oat flour, which thereby makes it the BEST gluten free oatmeal banana bread you’ve ever had. With the tasty addition of so, so many chocolate chips!
Are you ready to bake this/share your best-kept secrets for perfectly ripe bananas in a pinch? Psst… I’ve totally tried the baking the bananas in the oven thing… didn’t suit me, to be honest.
How to Make Super Moist Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Gluten Free & Dairy-Free?
Keep this super moist banana oatmeal bread recipe exactly as is! 😉 Okay, that was too simplified… maybe. I’ve written this healthy banana bread recipe with oats with all gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients in mind. Just make sure to use certified gluten free rolled oats (or old-fashioned oats) and to use gluten free oat flour. This moist vegan oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread does not include dairy products. Woohoo!
Why Should I Make This Healthy Oatmeal Banana Bread Recipe?
I’m glad you asked! This healthy oatmeal banana bread recipe is super moist, packed full of banana bread flavor (come on, you have totally tried banana bread that didn’t exactly taste like banana bread…oh, you know what I mean!!), and amped up chocolate flavor with just the right amount of vegan chocolate chips.
Best of all, this super moist vegan oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread is made with healthy ingredients that are whole, nutrient-rich, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. Yaaaas! Just like these Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Is this Moist ‘n Healthy Oatmeal Banana Bread Recipe made with Oats or Oat Flour?
Yes! One of my favorite ingredients to use in vegan gluten free baking here on Beaming Baker is gluten free oat flour and gluten free oats. They’re healthy, add so much depth & chewiness to certain recipes, like this Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe, and hold moisture so well in others. I’ve included just the right amount of gluten free oats and oat flour in this healthy vegan oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread—and I know you’ll love it!
How to Store Healthy Gluten Free Oatmeal Banana Bread
- For 1 week: after baking & cooling your super moist vegan oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread completely, slice and place the banana bread into an airtight container at room temperature. Keep the oatmeal banana bread out of direct sunlight & away from heat.
- To freeze banana oat bread: cool & slice banana bread, then store in a freezer-friendly container. You can keep the banana oat bread there for 1-2 months! Thawing instructions in the recipe Notes. 😉
Tip for Mashing Bananas
Use a pastry cutter! This is my favorite, super-quick way to mash bananas quickly for all my vegan gluten free banana bread and muffin recipes!
Substitution Notes for Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Bananas: say what?! You want to sub the bananas?! Lol. If you prefer pumpkin, try my reader-loved Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread.
- Removing Oats: If you prefer a moist banana bread without any whole oats in it, try my Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe or my Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- Coconut Oil: sub with melted vegan butter or your favorite flavorless oil.
- Coconut Sugar: sub with organic cane sugar or organic brown sugar.
- Maple Syrup: sub with another liquid sweetener, like date syrup, agave or honey (if not vegan).
- Flax Eggs: sub with chia eggs.
- Almond Milk: sub with your favorite milk.
- GF Oat Flour: sub with gluten free all purpose flour. Do not sub with coconut flour or almond flour.
- Note: Baking is fun, but can be super tricky if you’re changing up the recipe. Keep in mind that the more changes you make, the less likely you’ll get desirable results. Each ingredient interacts differently within this banana oat bread recipe. Good luck!
Can I Turn this Banana Oatmeal Bread Into Banana Muffin Tops?
Are you ready to show all those ripe bananas who’s boss? 😉 Let’s make ALL the super moist vegan oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread!!! (What a mouth-full!) Thank you for stopping by and making the time to bake with me. It brings me such joy to hear when you and your loved ones enjoy my recipes. Can’t wait to hear what you think! ‘Til then…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌 Click below to Pin 📌
Gluten Free Vegan Healthy Banana Bread & Muffins Recipes with Oats & More!
- Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread Coffee Cake Recipe
- Gluten Free Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (Vegan)
- One Bowl Vegan Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread
Super Moist Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Gluten Free): a healthy banana bread recipe with oats & chocolate! It’s the ultimate vegan oatmeal banana bread—moist, gluten free, dairy-free, made with GF oat flour! Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas (1 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s finely ground (not coarse) (learn how to make homemade oat flour here)
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk, fork or pastry cutter (my preferred method), mash bananas until smooth. Add the oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs, milk and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer, with the shape of a rise down the center—just like a loaf. Optionally, sprinkle with oats and chocolate chips. Lightly press toppings into the loaf.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Mine took 65 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean-ish, with just a few bits of moisture on it when the loaf is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Then, lift out of pan, transferring loaf along with parchment paper directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice loaf into 12-14 slices. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
– Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– Freezing instructions: Cool completely and store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 20-40 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
- Category: Healthy Breakfast, Quick Breads, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Tools for the Best Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Gluten Free)
Click the links below to check out my favorite tools & ingredients used to make this healthy oatmeal banana bread recipe.
- Pastry Cutter – literally my (and Erik’s) favorite way to mash bananas. It’s so easy!
- 8-inch Loaf Pan – a great loaf pan for all your baking needs
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – allergy-friendly chocolate chips that are dairy-free!
- Gluten Free Oat Flour – a gluten free baking essential
- Homemade Oat Flour – my favorite recipe for oat flour, made with GF oats!
- Coconut Sugar – a refined sugar-free, healthy baking must-have
- Coconut Oil – a gluten free vegan baking staple
- Unbleached Parchment Paper – one of my baking essentials!
- Mixing Bowls – my favorite mixing bowls to use. Easy to handle and long-lasting!