Salted Chia Chocolate Healthy Vegan Snack Bars: the best vegan snack bars recipe—chewy & delicious, packed with nutty crunch and EASY to make! Gluten Free, Dairy-Free.
- ¾ cup nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup seeds (sunflower or pumpkin)
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup golden ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later. You can also use this Energy Bar Pan to make rectangular granola-bar style bars.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl: nuts, seeds, oats, cranberries, raisins, chia seeds, flaxseed, and spices/salt if using. Stir until well mixed.
- Add all wet ingredients to a medium bowl: coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until very well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the spatula, nudge the mixture until loosely and evenly spread out. Then, use the spatula to press the mixture firmly down into an even, very tightly-packed layer.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes.
- Place baking pan onto a cooling rack to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely firm. After, lift bars and parchment paper onto the cooling rack to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to harden, then sprinkle with sea salt. Storing instructions below.
More Healthy Bars:
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Pumpkin Seeds (my favorite seeds to use in this recipe) | naturally sweetened Dried Cranberries – naturally sweetened & paleo | Chia Seeds | Ground Golden Flaxseed | Coconut Sugar | Coconut Oil | Natural Creamy Almond Butter | Pure Maple Syrup | Refined Sugar Free Chocolate | Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
- Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer friendly container for 1-3 months.
- Recommended Tools: 8-inch Baking Pan | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Compostable Snack Bags | Glass Mixing Bowls
- Category: Healthy Snacks, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American