Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for simply delicious banana breakfast bars packed with your favorites for a good morning! Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy.
- 1 medium banana, ripened
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled banana. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, baking powder and baking soda. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, raisins and walnuts.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes, until just lightly golden around the edges. Mine took 15 minutes. Cool for about 1 hour. Slice into bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Delicious Gluten Free Vegan Banana Recipes
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Freezing Instructions: store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Bars, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free breakfast bars recipe, vegan banana oat bars, gluten free banana recipes