Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins Recipe (V, GF): an easy recipe for deliciously moist banana muffins bursting with fresh blueberry flavor! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins Recipe. Well, well, well. We meet again. Okay, we’ve never met. But I just wanted that start to be appropriately dramatic. If y’all knew the shenanigans we’ve been through these past few days with blueberries!! Ah, blueberry shenanigans. When shall you stop tormenting us?
Erik and I’ve recently had a ridiculous time hunting down fresh, tasty and, well, non-spoiled blueberries. Everywhere we went, the blueberries were past their… edible prime.
We searched high and low. We even searched through my mom’s fridge (Sorry, Mommy!). We even searched through my sister Jenny’s fridge (Sorry, Jammy!). We even made a pit stop and baked these gluten free banana oat muffins, then these gluten free dark chocolate muffins.
For energy, a morale booster, and some good muffin mojo, of course. 😊
Guess what? The good muffin mojo worked. We actually found all the fresh blueberries we needed. We bought those. Then we
bought even more because: caution. Hehe.
First, I made these delicious blueberry-upgraded muffins, then I started munching on a few warmed-up and totally deliciously melty vegan chocolate chip cookies (if good muffin mojo worked, why not throw in some good cookie mojo?)
Then then, I started thinking about all the other spring- and summer-ready recipes I could make with my ample blueberry supply. Any guesses as to what I made?
Any requests? 🙂
Before I began baking, I requested Erik’s fine recall powers (he has the best memory ever… it’s pretty annoying) 😜 and suggested we rap about reader favorite recipes.
Why does it give me so much joy to say “rap” instead of talk? 😂
We rapped about the most popular recipes on the site, ranging from double chocolate banana muffins to banana chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast bars to paleo apple crisp and easy vegan peanut butter banana breakfast cookies.
We went through a ton of feedback and requests from readers and settled on a few upcoming blueberry recipe ideas. We even had some time to test them. 😉 And eat them. 😍
Come on, you’re totally intrigued right? Are you on the edge of your seat waiting for a hint? (Yep, I really do need to find some hobbies).
Alright, here’s a hint… crispy. breakfast-y. blueberry-y. (I just had to tack on that extra y, for consistency, of course!) And that may or may not be one recipe. Just know, they’re amazing.
While you wait for those blueberry recipes, allow me to tide you over with my current breakfast fave: these healthy banana blueberry muffins! They’re easy to make in just one bowl, deliciously moist (just like my reader favorite Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe), completely satisfying to enjoy in the morning (noon and night, lbh), and totally feel like an honest-to-goodness accomplishment… that you can eat. 😉
What could possibly beat an edible accomplishment?
If I haven’t sold you on these muffins yet, allow me to tell you all about them. They’re:
- made in just one bowl
- moist, deliciously dense and just a hint of nutty
- perfect for those ripened bananas sitting on your counter
- vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free
- just the vegan blueberry banana muffins you’ve been searching for
- made with the healthy, whole ingredients you know and love, including oat flour
- p.s. here’s how to make homemade oat flour (super easy) in case you’re curious
- the tastiest gluten free banana blueberry muffins you’ll ever have
- just the reason to go buy fresh blueberries!
Are you ready for some homemade blueberry muffins goodness? Let’s do this! You grab the ripened bananas, I’ll grab the fresh blueberries. Thank you for stopping by and creating these tasty, guilt-free treats with me. I truly can’t wait to hear what you think!
In the meantime, sign up for the email list here so we can keep in touch. 🙂
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤
💕 Click below to Pin 📌
If you enjoyed this Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins Recipe, then you’ll just love these delicious healthy recipes:
More Gluten Free Vegan Breakfast Recipes 😍
- Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Good Morning Breakfast Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Nut Bread
- Homemade Chunky Paleo Granola with Clusters (a big, big reader fave)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe (because, sometimes you have to have some cake for breakfast, right? 😉)
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas (1 cup mashed)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 2-3 tablespoons blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Add peeled bananas to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add the oil, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, almond meal*, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in blueberries.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into muffin cups. I use this ice cream scoop for easy scooping and a beautiful round top**. If not using the scoop, smooth batter into an even layer, with a domed top (rise) in the center. Optional: press blueberries on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 16-22 minutes. Mine took 18 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 1 hour. Lift out and enjoy!
- *To substitute almond meal with oat flour: use a TOTAL of 1 ¾ cups + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour. Muffins will be just a touch drier and not as fluffy, but still good!
**I like to use this ice cream scoop to scoop and drop one scoop into one muffin cup. This scoop helps control the batter, prevent messes and gives you a nice rounded top. Tip: after dropping scoops, lightly tap the pan to even out the batter.
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Freezing instructions: These muffins freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in 20-second increments in the microwave until warm.
- More muffins + quick bread recipes: maple pecan pumpkin muffins, double chocolate banana muffins, vegan chocolate banana nut bread.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.