These delicious Vegan Banana Cookies are made with natural peanut butter, fiber-rich oats and deliciously ripe bananas! Easy recipe to customize and enjoy on the go!
Vegan Banana Cookies to the rescue!!! Or something… 😉
Forgive me, I’m just too excited about today’s vegan banana cookies, not only because they’re friggin’ delicious and easy to make, but because it’s one of my favorite vegan banana recipes.
Back in April of 2017 (!!), I shared these vegan banana cookies as Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies…and ever since, y’all have been writing me, tweeting me and texting me (how’d you get my number?!?) about how amazing these vegan banana cookies are.
So today, I’m going to share some new tips, customizations and more so you can learn how to make the yummiest vegan peanut butter banana cookies ever!! You ready? Let’s do this!
How to Make Vegan Banana Cookies
Wanna learn how to make vegan banana cookies? Easy! Follow the steps below:
Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mash ripe bananas until mostly smooth. Hint: I love using this pastry cutter for quick and easy mashing. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk together: peanut butter, pure maple syrup, coconut oil, flax eggs and vanilla.
Add in oats, baking powder and baking soda. Use a rubber spatula to stir and fold together all ingredients until well mixed. Fold in add-ins.
Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop and drop vegan banana cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten with a fork.
Bake for about 12 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on the pan, then until completely cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy the best vegan banana cookies!
Soft & chewy Vegan Banana Cookies make for the perfect breakfast—packed with healthy oats, filling peanut butter and nutritious banana.
Tips for the Best Vegan Banana Cookies
Use ripe bananas.
Use the ripest bananas you can get your hands on. The riper the banana, the sweeter your banana cookies. Bonus: your banana cookies will taste even more like bananas with ripe bananas (makes sense…).
Use your favorite add-ins.
No need to use raisins or anything else you see in my pics. These cookies are your cookies—so make sure you use the add-ins you like. Hint: did someone say vegan chocolate chips?!? These cookies are lightly sweet, so I definitely recommend a sweet add-in if you like it that way. 😉
Use a cookie scoop for faster scooping & more uniform cookies.
Since when did uniformity even equal anything awesome?! Well, this time! 😉 Use this medium cookie scoop to scoop vegan banana cookie dough super fast and achieve cookies that are about the same size, so they can bake evenly!
Can I use non-gluten free oats?
Yes! If you’re not following a gluten free diet, feel free to use non-GF oats. Just make sure they’re rolled or old-fashioned for the best vegan banana cookies! Use extra oats in this easy peanut butter banana overnight oats recipe.
I don’t like peanut butter. Can I use something else?
Yes!! Feel free to use almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower butter. Just make sure it’s a nut or seed butter that you like the flavor of. 😉
>>related: Healthy Banana Recipes for Ripe Bananas!
Great Tools for the Best Vegan Banana Cookies!
- Medium Cookie Scoop – if you haven’t tried this cookie scoop yet, you’ve got to. It’s my go-to cookie scoop–the only one I trust after “going through” aka breaking so many cookie scoops from big brands that just did not live up to their names. Try this and you won’t regret it.
- Pastry Cutter – after mashing 1,000s of bananas, Erik and I agree that this pastry cutter is the easiest tool for mashing bananas. It mashes your bananas so quickly to a smooth consistency, and is a breeze to wash!
- Rose Gold Cookie Sheet + Precut Parchment Sheets – the perfect pairing of a gorgeous, chef-quality cookie sheet that doesn’t warp in the oven and heats evenly + precut, nonstick parchment sheets that fit this exact cookie sheet. Side note: how hard is it to find cookie sheets & precut parchment sheets that fit together? Duuuuude.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Unsalted Natural Creamy Peanut Butter | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil | Gluten Free Rolled Oats
How are you enjoying Vegan Banana Cookies Day? Okaaaaaaaay, fine. I made that up. But I mean, it kinda is, ya know? I hope you and your loved ones enjoy the heck out of making your very own homemade vegan banana cookies! Grateful that you’re here, sharing in these kitchen adventures with me. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Vegan Banana Recipes You’ll Love
- Banana Oat Muffins (Vegan)
- Super Moist Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Healthy, Vegan)
- Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe (Vegan)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (Vegan)
These delicious Vegan Banana Cookies are made with natural peanut butter, fiber-rich oats and deliciously ripe bananas! Easy recipe to customize and enjoy on the go.
- 2 medium bananas, ripened
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup dried fruit, chopped to small pieces if needed
- ½ cup nuts, finely chopped or seeds
- 2 tablespoons each: dried fruit and nuts/seeds
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled bananas. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, baking soda and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well mixed. Fold in fruit and nuts.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Optionally, press toppings into the tops of each cookie. Using a fork, flatten each cookie to desired thickness. They won’t spread much during baking.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Wanna make bars instead? Make these Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (Vegan).
More Vegan Banana Recipes
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to one week. Best if eaten within 3-5 days.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan banana cookies, vegan peanut butter banana cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.