Healthy Chunky Granola Recipe (Vegan, GF): learn how to make chunky granola with clusters! The best homemade chunky granola—vegan, gluten free & yummy! Super chunky clusters with crispy edges, packed full of nuts & nutrients. Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a medium or large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add all ingredients except coconut oil and maple syrup to a large bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a rubber spatula, press down and pack the granola mixture together to create an even, flat, and very tightly-packed layer, about ½ inch thick. Your granola may not cover the entire baking sheet. Now, nudge the sheet of granola apart in the center (dividing the tightly-packed layer in half), to let air through.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Rotate baking sheet. Bake for 18-22 more minutes, until granola is a deep golden brown. Mine took 40 minutes total. Do not flip or move granola—it is fragile and needs to crisp up while cooling.
- Place baking sheet on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled and firm. Break sheets of granola into clusters. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Healthy Gluten Free Vegan Granola Recipes
Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
Nutrition Information is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 17 servings per recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Healthy Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to make chunky granola, healthy chunky granola recipe, homemade chunky granola cluster recipe