Healthy Low Calorie Granola Recipe (V, GF): an easy homemade recipe for low sugar, low carb granola that’s crispy, crunchy, and perfectly sweet. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain, Low Carb. Just 78 calories per serving, with only 4 grams of sugar & 9 grams of carbs!
Granola: so good, so healthy… so easy to OVEREAT! At that point, it basically becomes super unhealthy and totally guilt-ridden because you’ve eaten like 10x more than you probably should’ve…
I’ve been there. You’ve been there. Who hasn’t been there?
I mean… we all know Erik’s been there. ..
So when I started brainstorming ideas for January recipes, I figured NOW would be the time for finally cracking a high volume, low calorie granola recipe. Hence, this low carb, healthy low calorie granola recipe.
When I told my sister, Penny, the resident Granola Expert about my concept for a high volume granola, she was a tad confused about that term. See, I regularly ask her for sage advice about recipe titling and whatnot to make sure things are clear, appetite-inducing and such. She may or may not have had as affect on titling such classic recipes as these 5 Ingredient Homemade KIND Nut Bars and these ah-mazing Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Reason being: she’s a huge fan of food blogs, and been an avid reader of them for years and years. Her 2nd fave food blog: smitten kitchen. Guess who’s her 1st? Hehehe. No bias… or anything.
Anyway, one of my favorite food blogs from way back in the day, when I used to read all the food blogs all the time, was Oh She Glows. Angela, the amazing blogger behind OSG, taught me the importance of volume! Like… who wants to eat a cookie that’s the size of a penny? We want at least 2 pennies! J/k… we want at least two full-sized cookies!
And as long as we make sure the ingredients are healthy and whole (and keep an eye on the amount of sugar in it, etc.), we can go to town on those cookies! <– Volume, baby!
With this Healthy Low Calorie Granola Recipe, I tried my darndest and mostly succeeded, in making the highest volume for the lowest amount of calories granola… like ever. Okaaaaay, unless you’re comparing this low cal granola to, like, that zany granola you found ages ago made out of kelp noodles. Yep, kelp noodles. That is another story for another day. 😉
This vegan low cal granola is just 78 calories per ¼ cup serving, with just 4 grams of sugar and only 9 grams of carbs! That basically qualifies this as the best healthy low carb granola recipe EVER! I mean, most store-bought healthy granola has 18-24 grams of carbs in them! Ya know?
Are you as excited about this as I am?! 😉
And, of course, in case you’re just looking for the TL;DR (too long; didn’t read… how rude!! Heehee…), here’s all the finest points about this Healthy Low Calorie Granola Recipe! It’s:
- just 78 calories per serving
- with only 4 grams of sugar
- and… only 9 grams of carbs (compared to 18-24 grams for most granola recipes!)
- made with just 6 ingredients
- deliciously refined sugar-free, oil-free, plant-based, allergy-friendly
- perfect for going to town and not coming back!!! J/k… perfect for satisfying that craving for, ya know, more than just a tablespoon of granola in one sitting
- one of my favorite healthy snacks, including: my super new oil-free peanut butter breakfast cookies & healthy no sugar added paleo energy balls
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- your soon-to-be favorite vegan homemade low carb granola recipe!
- made with the healthy, whole ingredients you know and love
- so delicious when paired with: Healthy Vegan Rice Crispy Treats and Maple Pecan Paleo Granola
I’m SO excited to hear what you think of this healthy homemade granola recipe! You know I seriously look forward to hearing your comments, seeing pics (!!) on Instagram, and reading feedback on Facebook. Are you ready to do this? You grab the brown rice crisps cereal, I’ll grab everything else. Meet ya in the kitchen! Sending you great, big hugs & gratitude for enjoying these kitchen adventures with me.
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
.︎ Click below to Pin .︎
If you loved this Healthy Low Calorie Granola Recipe, you’ll absolutely enjoy these allergy-friendly quick ‘n easy vegan snacks!
Healthy Homemade Granola Recipes & Healthy Snacks
- Homemade Paleo Granola with Clusters (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Gluten Free Peanut Butter Granola Bars (V, GF, DF)
- Dark Chocolate Paleo Grain-Free Granola Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Healthy Homemade Gluten Free Vegan Granola
Healthy Low Calorie Granola Recipe (V, GF): an easy homemade recipe for low sugar granola that’s crispy, crunchy, and perfectly sweet. Low Sugar, Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold until clusters form and mixture is well mixed.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Using the spatula, gently nudge granola into an even layer, making sure to keep clusters intact. Create empty pockets at regular intervals to let air through to crisp up the granola.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes—until granola clusters are just solid enough to flip. Using a heatproof spatula, gently flip granola, making sure to keep clusters intact. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until edges are a deep golden brown and granola is just slightly soft. Mine took a total of 25 minutes. Granola will crisp up while cooling.
- Place baking sheet on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my 4 Ingredient Gluten Free Vegan Granola.
Healthy Gluten Free Vegan Granola Recipes
- *You may substitute this with unblanched almond meal.
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, is estimated based on 14 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Granola, Snacks, Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 2g
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.