Healthy Chunky Granola Recipe (GF): learn how to make chunky granola with clusters! The best homemade chunky granola—vegan, gluten free & yummy! Super chunky clusters with crispy edges, packed full of nuts & nutrients! Dairy-Free.
Are you a SUPER CHUNKY Granola fanatic? Like, no, I mean, for real chunky granola clusters fanatic? If so, I’ve got just the healthy chunky granola recipe for you!
If you’ve ever met my sister, Penny, you’d know a couple things about her. Right off the bat. She’s kind, bright and funny, warm and intelligent, puts people at ease (like, instantly)… and has a cheesy, like hella cheesy, sense of humor. And, drumroll please:
She LOVES chunky granola.
Like if the FBI were putting together a dossier or vetting her or some fancy-sounding thing like that, there would be a section, in bright, yellow highlighter saying “LOVES CHUNKY GRANOLA” in the Top Weaknesses section of her, ya know, dossier.
So guess what I’ve been trying to create for years and years and decades and millennia? A homemade and healthy chunky granola recipe with chunky granola clusters that would put an end to all chunky granola cluster recipes. Like, even better than the super cluster-y Homemade Chunky Paleo Granola that she knows, loves, and makes once every few weeks. And this is it, folks.
Call the FBI or the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or Space, because I’ve got exactly what they need to take Penny down! Or, er, make her super, duper happy!! 😉 LOL.
Healthy Chunky Granola Recipe (GF)
Allow me to introduce you to my vegan + gluten free Healthy Chunky Granola Recipe (GF). Here’s what you, Penny and all fellow chunky granola cluster lovers have been looking for all your lives. My homemade chunky granola recipe yields super crispy, BIG, colossal chunks of granola clusters.
It’s just the right amount of sweet, crispy, perfectly spiced, and crunchy as heck (crisp and easy to munch on—not a tooth-breaker ha!). It’s healthy: refined sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free and made with super wholesome ingredients.
How to Make Chunky Granola
Learning how to make chunky granola is easy! Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and stir. Add wet ingredients and stir until well coated. Pour the granola mixture onto the sheet. Press and pack it all down into one tightly-packed layer.
Nudge a small divide in the center of that layer and bake. Cool completely, then break apart the granola into your preferred size of cluster. Or, just eat it like one BIG sheet of granola! 😉
The Trick to Super Chunky Granola Clusters
The trick to making my super chunky clusters in this homemade chunky granola cluster recipe? Baking all the granola in one large sheet. With, like, a split right between the middle of that sheet (for a lil’ extra air to come through).
I tested trial after trial, made adjustment after adjustment, until I could bake this healthy chunky granola in one layer—without any soft, chewy texture in the center. You seriously get crispy clusters all the way through.
Best Tools for Healthy Chunky Granola Recipe
Here are my favorite tools to use for this homemade chunky granola recipe. Click the links below to explore.
- Oxo Mixing Bowls: my go-to mixing bowls. I’ve been using them for ages, and love the grippy bottoms and handles.
- Baking Sheet: I’ve probably used these baking sheets over 1,000 times at this point, and they always get the job done.
- Unbleached Parchment Paper: a great brand of parchment paper!
- Coconut Sugar: one of my favorite sweeteners to use. It adds the perfect flavor to this healthy chunky granola recipe.
- Ground Flaxseed: the flax helps hold together the chunky granola cluster mixture & adds healthy nutrients!
Are you ready for the best healthy chunky granola recipe ever? 🙂 I thought so! You grab the gluten free rolled oats and I’ll grab everything else. Let’s make this! In case I don’t say it enough, thank you. Thank you for stopping by and sharing in these kitchen adventures with me. Is there anything better? ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌 Click below to Pin 📌
Homemade Chunky Granola & Granola Bar Recipes
- 4 Ingredient Healthy Homemade Gluten Free Vegan Granola Recipe
- Healthy Low Calorie Granola Recipe (Low Carb)
- Homemade Chunky Paleo Granola with Clusters (Vegan, GF, Paleo)
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Gluten Free Peanut Butter Granola Bars (Vegan, GF)
- No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (Gluten Free)
- No Bake Oatmeal Raisin Granola Bars (Vegan)
Healthy Chunky Granola Recipe (Vegan, GF): learn how to make chunky granola with clusters! The best homemade chunky granola—vegan, gluten free & yummy! Super chunky clusters with crispy edges, packed full of nuts & nutrients. Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a medium or large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add all ingredients except coconut oil and maple syrup to a large bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a rubber spatula, press down and pack the granola mixture together to create an even, flat, and very tightly-packed layer, about ½ inch thick. Your granola may not cover the entire baking sheet. Now, nudge the sheet of granola apart in the center (dividing the tightly-packed layer in half), to let air through.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Rotate baking sheet. Bake for 18-22 more minutes, until granola is a deep golden brown. Mine took 40 minutes total. Do not flip or move granola—it is fragile and needs to crisp up while cooling.
- Place baking sheet on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled and firm. Break sheets of granola into clusters. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Healthy Gluten Free Vegan Granola Recipes
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 17 servings per recipe.
- Category: Breakfast, Healthy Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to make chunky granola, healthy chunky granola recipe, homemade chunky granola cluster recipe
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.