Healthy Coconut Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (V, GF): this easy breakfast cookies recipe is chewy & crispy! It’s the best healthy homemade breakfast cookies—vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free.
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 flax egg (whisk together 1 tablespoons ground flax + 3 tablespoons warm water, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup nuts, finely chopped (pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold ingredients together until well-combined. Fold in Add-in Ingredients.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet (placed on a cooling rack) for about 5-10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
– The first day, cookies are crispy on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside.
– The second day and on, cookies become soft and tender–and the flavor increases. So good!
– Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 15 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Healthy Breakfast, Cookies, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 42mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg