Healthy Oatmeal Coconut Cookies: delicious oatmeal coconut cookies with chewy & crispy goodness! Wonderfully healthy, vegan and gluten free.
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 flax egg (whisk together 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup nuts, finely chopped (pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- ¼ cup raisins or chopped up dried fruit (small pieces prevent crumbliness)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold ingredients together until well-combined. Fold in Add-in Ingredients.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet (placed on a cooling rack) for about 5-10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Oatmeal Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Texture Notes: The first day, cookies are crispy on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside. The second day and on, cookies become soft and tender–and the flavor increases. So good!
Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 15 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 42mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: oatmeal coconut cookies, healthy coconut oatmeal cookies