the best vegan oatmeal cookies ever–crispy edges, chewy centers & perfectly spiced! an easy, simple vegan oatmeal cookies recipe.
Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies (GF): a simple recipe for the BEST Vegan Oatmeal Cookies! Chewy, moist centers with crispy, caramel-y edges & packed with comforting oatmeal. Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan.
1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown
Welcome to the 2nd recipe in the 1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown! We’re starting a new tradition around these parts, and they involve all of the vegan gluten free Christmas cookies. This year, I’ll be sharing 8 new vegan cookie recipes to help celebrate the holiday season with you. We’re gonna count down from vegan cookie #8 to #1, right before Christmas! Are you excited? Let’s get started! Meanwhile, if ya missed it, #8 was: Sea Salt Thin Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Vegan Cookie #7: Easy & Simple Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate is my crutch. So is peanut butter, coconut and even more chocolate.
Today, we’re gonna throw away all the crutches and bring it back to basics. Like Christina Aguilera did so beautifully many years ago. (Something I like to bring up to Erik on occasion when I’m like, we’ve got to keep it simple!)
You see, sometimes I have my insecurities about a recipe doing well. I often feel like chocolate, peanut butter and/or coconut need to be involved for folks to feel something. But today, I’m gonna put all of that away and let this recipe stand strong, proud and plain.
Then, let’s take the word “plain” and replace it with something so much better: Simple. And EASY.
Are you ready for wonderfully, tear-in-your-eye-from-the-first-taste, BEST EVER vegan oatmeal cookies? No need for ornamentation, no need for even raisins (à la my classic gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies). Just simple and easy vegan oatmeal cookies.
Let’s do this!
The Best Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies!
These easy & simple vegan oatmeal cookies are truly the best easy vegan oatmeal cookies ever. After making, testing, and eating 1,000s of oatmeal cookie recipes—my own, store-bought, vegan, not vegan, gluten free, not gluten free, junky, healthy, baked, not baked… I’m here to tell you that these oatmeal cookies are the G.O.A.T.
G.O.A.T. – Greatest Of All Time
Or Greatest Oatmeal A-cookie of Time!! Or something… 😉
The Best Tasting Vegan Oatmeal Cookies Ever!
The Taste: these easy vegan oatmeal cookies are perfectly spiced with cozy flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. The chewy, moist centers of these simple vegan oatmeal cookies are surrounded by crispy, caramel-y edges. Just think: you’re taking a bite into comforting oatmeal cookie YUM!
Classic, Simple Vegan Oatmeal Cookies with Clean Ingredients
These gluten free vegan oatmeal cookies are not only simple and easy to make, they’re also made with simple & easy ingredients!
Gluten Free Rolled Oats & Oat Flour: whole grain, heart-healthy, fiber-rich oats are one of my favorite vegan baking ingredients. They make for the perfect backdrop, soaking up flavors like no other. Case in point: my Vegan Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Bars.
Ground Flaxseed: another heart-healthy, whole ingredient that gives this vegan oatmeal cookie recipe a nice little boost. 😉
Warm Spices: ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves are the perfect fall/wintry trifecta of spice that warm you up and give all the cozy feels. Who says natural ingredients can’t give you an extra oomph?
Healthy Fats: coconut oil, almond butter—my favorite healthy ingredients to use in many of my vegan gluten free cookie recipes. They add a richness to every cookie & a creamy, buttery flavor that takes these simple vegan oatmeal cookies to the next level.
How to Make Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
These easy vegan oatmeal cookies are, wait for it… super easy to make! Just whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl; whisk together the wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine, stirring and folding until your vegan oatmeal cookie dough forms. Scoop & drop, then bake. Cool & enjoy the best vegan oatmeal cookies ever! Easy peasy, right? 🙂
Tools for the Best Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
But what exact ingredients and tools did I use to make these easy vegan oatmeal cookies? Click on the links below to see!
- Rose Gold Chef Cookie Sheet & Parchment Paper Sheets: I’ve been on the hunt for high-quality cookie sheets since 2012, when I used dollar store cookie sheets that warped, $10-12 big brand cookie sheets that also warped and everything else in between. This cookie sheet is not only beautiful, but functional, durable and does not warp one bit. It ensures even heating & baking throughout the sheet. Bonus: I found pre-cut parchment sheets that actually fit this cookie sheet!
- Medium Cookie Scoop – speaking of G.O.A.T., this cookie scoop is by and far the greatest kitchen tool of all time when it comes to making easy vegan oatmeal cookies. It scoops like a champ, and literally speeds up the entire cookie-making process like you wouldn’t believe!
- Creamy Almond Butter – this almond butter is vegan, gluten free, and free from added ingredients. Also try making homemade almond butter to use in this recipe.
- Baking Pantry Recommended Tools: Small or Medium Cookie Scoop |
- Rose Gold Chef Cookie Sheet & Parchment Paper Sheets | 4 Event Kitchen Timer | My Favorite Prep Bowls | Glass Mixing Bowls | Baking Sheet
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Coconut Sugar | Ground Flaxseed | super fine Gluten Free Oat Flour or try Homemade Oat Flour | Coconut Oil | Gluten Free Rolled Oats
Lemme guess, you’re racing to the kitchen as we speak?? 😉 One can hope! I hope you enjoy this strange turn of events aka keeping it simple and chocolate-free hehe! Let me know if you’re interested in more easy and simple vegan cookies or other types of recipes. I can’t wait to hear what you think! ‘Til the next sweet baking adventure with you…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
Click below to Pin
1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown
Welcome to the 1st Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown! We’re starting a new tradition around these parts, and they involve all of the vegan gluten free Christmas cookies. This year, I’ll be sharing 9 new vegan cookie recipes to help celebrate the holiday season with you: from vegan Christmas cookies to vegan holiday cookies to vegan cookies recipes you can enjoy all year long! We’re gonna count down from vegan cookie #9 to #1, right before Christmas!
Vegan Cookie #7: Easy & Simple Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
In case ya missed it, here are the other gluten free & vegan Christmas cookies that I’ve shared so far:
- 9. 3 Ingredient Low Carb Peppermint Chocolate Fudge (Keto, Vegan)
- 8. Sea Salt Thin Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 7. Today’s Recipe! Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies (GF)
- 6. 4 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Cashew Butter Cookies Recipe (Flourless)
- 5. Chocolate Pistachio Healthy Vegan Snack Bars (Gluten Free)
- 4. Amazing Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Gluten Free)
- 3. Salted Tahini Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Coconut Flour, Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 2. 3 Ingredient Easy Paleo Candied Almonds Recipe (Vegan, Healthy)
- 1. BEST Paleo Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
More Simple Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Recipes
- My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
- Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF)
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (GF, Vegan)
- Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies – 4 Ways
Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies (GF): a simple recipe for the BEST Vegan Oatmeal Cookies! Chewy, moist centers with crispy, caramel-y edges & packed with comforting oatmeal. Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2 ½ tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, flaxseed, spices and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies about halfway. Cookies will spread during baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing to cookies to firm up for 10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Recipes
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy cookies.
Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature. Keep away from sunlight and other heat sources.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-3 months. Before enjoying, allow to thaw for 10-30 minutes at room temperature, or heat in 5-second increments in the microwave until warm.
- Category: Healthy Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: simple vegan oatmeal cookies, easy vegan oatmeal cookies recipe
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.