The best vegan oatmeal cookies—crispy edges, chewy centers & perfectly spiced.
easy & simple vegan oatmeal cookies
Simple and easy–remember when things were simple and easy? No? Me neither! But today’s vegan oatmeal cookies recipe truly is simple and it truly is easy. Niiiioce! (I say to myself). 😉
Are you ready for exceptionally GOOD, tear-in-your-eye fantastic, best ever vegan oatmeal cookies? Whoop whoop! Today’s vegan oat cookies are made without any extra add-ins, without any additional junk—just simple and easy vegan oatmeal cookies.
These vegan oatmeal cookies boast crispy, caramelized edges, chewy, rich centers and the best ever vegan oatmeal cookie flavor (the key is in the spices!). So are you ready to learn more about how to make vegan oatmeal cookies? Let’s bake this!
Vegan Oatmeal Cookies that are so easy to make & taste so good that you won’t know they’re vegan!
How to Make Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk Dry Ingredients
In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients for your vegan oatmeal cookies: oats, oat flour, flaxseed, spices and salt.
Whisk Wet Ingredients
In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla–all until well mixed.
Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Stir and fold until well mixed and cookie dough forms.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared sheet. Flatten cookies.
Bake, Cool and Enjoy
Bake cookies for about 13 minutes. Cool and enjoy the best vegan oatmeal cookies!
Vegan Oatmeal Cookies: the Testimonials
Kelly says, “I am a horrible baker but this simple recipe made my cookies come out PERFECT! I pulled them out at 13 mins and omg once they cooled the texture was insane. I also added vegan mini choco chips. This is my new go to cookie recipe! Thank you ILY BB”
Treegan says, “I admit I was skeptical, but this recipe is amazing. My last attempt at oatmeal cookies was demotivational, and resulted in dry little hockey pucks. These came out soft, chewy, and hearty, with a lovely and pretty surprising caramely flavour…. So delicious and simple, and quick. Thank you!”
Joanie says, “I used to be so intimidated by making vegan cookies but this recipe proves that it’s not hard at all. These cookies are delicious and my family loves them.”
The Taste & Texture
These easy vegan oatmeal cookies are perfectly spiced with cozy flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. The chewy, moist centers of these simple vegan oatmeal cookies are surrounded by crispy, caramel-y edges. Just think: you’re taking a bite into comforting oatmeal cookie YUM!
>>Related: 35+ Best Vegan Cookie Recipes
How to Store Your Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
Store these vegan oatmeal cookies in an airtight container for about 1-2 weeks at room temperature. Just make sure to keep cookies away from direct sunlight and away from heat sources, as they’ll spoil the cookies.
You can totally freeze these vegan oatmeal cookies! Store the cookies in a freezer-friendly container for 1-3 months. To enjoy, simply remove oatmeal cookies from the freezer and allow to thaw for 10-30 minutes. Heating instructions in the recipe notes. 😉
Lemme guess, you’re racing to the kitchen as we speak?? 😉 One can hope! I’m so thankful that you’re here, sharing in these baking adventures with me and your loved ones. ‘Til the next sweet baking adventure with you…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Delicious Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Vegan Banana Cookies with Peanut Butter (GF)
- Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Amazing Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- …and just for fun, Thin Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
The best vegan oatmeal cookies—crispy edges, chewy centers & perfectly spiced. A simple & easy vegan oatmeal cookies recipe.
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2 ½ tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, flaxseed, spices and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies about halfway. Cookies will spread during baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing to cookies to firm up for 10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Vegan Oatmeal Recipes
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy cookies.
Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature. Keep away from sunlight and other heat sources.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-3 months. Before enjoying, allow to thaw for 10-30 minutes at room temperature, or heat in 5-second increments in the microwave until warm.
- Category: Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan oatmeal cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.