The best vegan oatmeal cookies—crispy edges, chewy centers & perfectly spiced.
Easy & Simple Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
Simple and easy–remember when things were simple and easy? No? Me neither! But today’s vegan oatmeal cookies recipe truly is simple and it truly is easy. Niiiioce! (I say to myself). 😉
Are you ready for wonderfully GAH-OOD, tear-in-your-eye-from-the-first-taste, BEST EVER vegan oatmeal cookies? No need for ornamentation, no need for even raisins (à la my classic gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies). Just simple and easy vegan oatmeal cookies.
These vegan oatmeal cookies boast crispy, caramalized edges, chewy, rich centers and the best ever vegan oatmeal cookie flavor (they key is in the spices!). So are you ready to learn more about how to make vegan oatmeal cookies? Let’s bake this!
Vegan Oatmeal Cookies that are so easy to make and taste so good that you won’t know they’re vegan!
How to Make Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk Dry Ingredients
In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients for your vegan oatmeal cookies: oats, oat flour, flaxseed, spices and salt.
Whisk Wet Ingredients
In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla–all until well mixed.
Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Stir and fold until well mixed and cookie dough forms.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared sheet. Flatten cookies.
Bake, Cool and Enjoy
Bake for about 13 minutes. Cool and enjoy the best vegan oatmeal cookies!
Why are these the Best Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies?
These easy & simple vegan oatmeal cookies are truly the best easy vegan oatmeal cookies ever. After making, testing, and eating 1,000s of oatmeal cookie recipes—my own, store-bought, vegan, not vegan, gluten free, not gluten free, junky, healthy, baked, not baked… I’m here to tell you that these oatmeal cookies are the G.O.A.T.
G.O.A.T. – Greatest Of All Time
Or Greatest Oatmeal A-cookie of Time!! Or something… 😉
How do these vegan oatmeal cookies taste?
The Taste: these easy vegan oatmeal cookies are perfectly spiced with cozy flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. The chewy, moist centers of these simple vegan oatmeal cookies are surrounded by crispy, caramel-y edges. Just think: you’re taking a bite into comforting oatmeal cookie YUM!
Simple Vegan Oatmeal Cookies with Clean Ingredients
These vegan oatmeal cookies are not only simple and easy to make, they’re also made with simple & easy ingredients!
Rolled Oats & Oat Flour: whole grain, heart-healthy, fiber-rich oats are one of my favorite vegan baking ingredients. They make for the perfect backdrop, soaking up flavors like no other.
Ground Flaxseed: another heart-healthy, whole ingredient that gives this vegan oatmeal cookie recipe a nice little boost. 😉
Warm Spices: ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves are the perfect fall/wintry trifecta of spice that warm you up and give all the cozy feels. Who says natural ingredients can’t give you an extra oomph?
Healthy Fats: coconut oil, almond butter—my favorite healthy ingredients to use in many of my vegan cookie recipes. They add a richness to every cookie & a creamy, buttery flavor that takes these simple vegan oatmeal cookies to the next level.
Tools for the Best Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
But what exact ingredients and tools did I use to make these easy vegan oatmeal cookies? Click on the links below to see!
- Rose Gold Chef Cookie Sheet & Parchment Paper Sheets: I’ve been on the hunt for high-quality cookie sheets since 2012, when I used dollar store cookie sheets that warped, $10-12 big brand cookie sheets that also warped and everything else in between. This cookie sheet is not only beautiful, but functional, durable and does not warp one bit. It ensures even heating & baking throughout the sheet. Bonus: I found pre-cut parchment sheets that actually fit this cookie sheet!
- Medium Cookie Scoop – speaking of G.O.A.T., this cookie scoop is by and far the greatest kitchen tool of all time when it comes to making easy vegan oatmeal cookies. It scoops like a champ, and literally speeds up the entire cookie-making process like you wouldn’t believe!
- Creamy Almond Butter – this almond butter is vegan, gluten free, and free from added ingredients. Also try making homemade almond butter to use in this recipe.
Lemme guess, you’re racing to the kitchen as we speak?? 😉 One can hope! I hope you enjoy this strange turn of events aka keeping it simple and chocolate-free hehe! Let me know if you’re interested in more easy and simple vegan cookies or other types of recipes. I can’t wait to hear what you think! ‘Til the next sweet baking adventure with you…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
Click below to Pin
More Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Recipes
- My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Simple & Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- GF Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Easy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
The best vegan oatmeal cookies—crispy edges, chewy centers & perfectly spiced. A simple & easy vegan oatmeal cookies recipe.
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2 ½ tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, flaxseed, spices and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies about halfway. Cookies will spread during baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing to cookies to firm up for 10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Vegan Oatmeal Recipes
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy cookies.
Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature. Keep away from sunlight and other heat sources.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-3 months. Before enjoying, allow to thaw for 10-30 minutes at room temperature, or heat in 5-second increments in the microwave until warm.
- Category: Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan oatmeal cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.