Delicious oatmeal coconut cookies with chewy & crispy goodness! Wonderfully healthy, vegan and gluten free.
Happy April Fool’s Day! Er… Happy first day of April! Are you a fan of all the hijinks that occur on this crazy day?
I’m not one for all the devious shenanigans because I like to have my facts and proceed. Yikes, that sounds boring and such… but like I always tell Erik, I don’t like being Vanilla Sky’d. Lemme explain, when I watched that movie like 20 years ago (woah), I got so dizzy not knowing what was real and what was fake… and it left me wholly unsettled. And not at all whole. Lol.
So April Fool’s is all tricks and such… and I’m like, what’s real?!? Who knows??
So trust me when I say we are not participating in these deceptive shenanigans today… but are, instead, celebrating National Oatmeal Coconut Cookie Day. Okay, fine, that’s not a real holiday (did I just Vanilla Sky you?)… but it seriously will be when you make these scrumptious healthy coconut oatmeal breakfast cookies!
Let’s bake away the fools (or something) and focus on today’s delicious oatmeal coconut cookies.
How to Make Healthy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Stir all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl: coconut, oats, oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Whisk all of the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl: flax egg, almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients to create the oatmeal coconut cookie dough. Stir and fold until all of the ingredients are well incorporated. Fold in your favorite nuts and dried fruit.
Scoop and drop balls of oatmeal coconut cookie dough onto the baking sheet you lined earlier. Flatten each cookie to the thickness you like.
Bake, Cool and Enjoy
Bake, cool and enjoy the best healthy oatmeal coconut cookies!
Oatmeal Cookies You’ll Love: The BEST Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies // Good Morning Breakfast Cookies – Vegan Gluten Free Breakfast Cookie Recipe // My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
The Taste & Texture of Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
These vegan + gluten free healthy coconut oatmeal breakfast cookies are so easy to make, crispy on the outside, soft ‘n chewy on the inside, and the perfect way to start a non-foolish day. And if you’ve never made breakfast cookies before… well, today we’re gonna learn how to make healthy coconut oatmeal cookies together!
how to store your healthy oatmeal coconut cookies
I’ve personally tested storing these healthy coconut oatmeal cookies, so rest assured. Store your oatmeal coconut cookies in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. The first day, the gluten free oatmeal coconut cookies are crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. By the second day, the flavor of these vegan breakfast cookies intensifies and the cookies soften a bit. So good!
Oatmeal Coconut Cookies with crispy edges and chewy centers—secretly healthy, vegan and gluten free!
So… how’d you like pre-celebrating the would-be food holiday, National Oatmeal Coconut Cookie Day, with me? Best excuse to make easy ‘n healthy homemade breakfast cookies EVER!!! All jokes aside, I truly cannot wait to hear what you think of my recipe! Thank you for stopping by—it truly makes my day.
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Delicious Oatmeal & Coconut Cookies
- Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Ultimate Chewy Vegan Coconut Cookies (Gluten Free, Paleo)
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Vegan, Refined Sugar Free)
- Easy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Healthy Oatmeal Coconut Cookies: delicious oatmeal coconut cookies with chewy & crispy goodness! Wonderfully healthy, vegan and gluten free.
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 flax egg (whisk together 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup nuts, finely chopped (pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- ¼ cup raisins or chopped up dried fruit (small pieces prevent crumbliness)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold ingredients together until well-combined. Fold in Add-in Ingredients.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet (placed on a cooling rack) for about 5-10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Oatmeal Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Texture Notes: The first day, cookies are crispy on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside. The second day and on, cookies become soft and tender–and the flavor increases. So good!
Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 15 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 42mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: oatmeal coconut cookies, healthy coconut oatmeal cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.