Healthy Coconut Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (V, GF): this easy breakfast cookies recipe is chewy & crispy! It’s the best healthy homemade breakfast cookies—vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free!
Happy April Fool’s Day! Er… Happy first day of April! Are you a fan of all the hijinks that occur on this crazy day?
I’m not one for all the devious shenanigans because I like to have my facts and proceed. Yikes, that sounds boring and such… but like I always tell Erik, I don’t like being Vanilla Sky’d. Lemme explain, when I watched that movie like 20 years ago (woah), I got so dizzy not knowing what was real and what was fake… and it left me wholly unsettled. And not at all whole. Lol.
So April Fool’s is all tricks and such… and I’m like, what’s real?!? Who knows??
Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies Recipe
So trust me when I say we are not participating in these deceptive shenanigans today… but are, instead, celebrating National Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie Day. Okay, fine, that’s not a real holiday… but it seriously will be when you make these scrumptious healthy coconut oatmeal breakfast cookies!
Plus, I always miss the warning shot for national food holidays, so let’s just say this is my entry for when that National Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie Day is created, then celebrated. 😉
These vegan + gluten free healthy coconut oatmeal breakfast cookies are so easy to make, crispy on the outside, soft ‘n chewy on the inside, and the perfect way to start a non-foolish day. 😉 And if you’ve never made breakfast cookies before… well, today we’re gonna learn how to make healthy breakfast cookies together!
No tricks, no fools, just: all the tasty and easy breakfast cookies! Yeah!!!
How to Make Healthy Breakfast Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Learning how to make healthy oatmeal breakfast cookies is easy! Simply stir together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then, whisk together all wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine the two and fold in your add-in ingredients! Scoop & drop cookie dough and bake. Cool cookies & enjoy. So simple, right? Psst… it’s just as easy to make my Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Customizing this Gluten Free Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies Recipe
It’s even easier to customize this healthy oatmeal breakfast cookies recipe to your liking. I’ve listed the Add-in Ingredients separately in the recipe so you can swap them out easily. For the nuts, choose your favorite nuts or seeds. Raisins can be swapped for your favorite dried fruit! Just make sure to chop nuts/dried fruits finely, as big chunks of them will result in crumbly gluten free breakfast cookies. If you prefer peanut butter-based breakfast cookies, try my oil-free peanut butter oatmeal breakfast cookies.
How to Store this Easy Homemade Breakfast Cookies Recipe
I’ve personally tested storing these healthy coconut oatmeal breakfast cookies, so rest assured. 😉 Store your homemade breakfast cookies in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. The first day, the gluten free breakfast cookies are crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. By the second day, the flavor of these vegan breakfast cookies intensifies and the cookies soften a bit. So good!
Vegan Gluten Free Healthy Breakfast Cookies Substitution Notes
- Gluten Free Oat Flour: try making your own gluten free homemade oat flour out of gluten free oats if you can’t access it. If not, try Gluten Free All Purpose Flour.
- Natural Almond Butter: swap with your favorite nut or seed butter, such as: homemade peanut butter (or store bought), cashew butter, sunflower seed butter. Make sure it’s creamy. Here’s a tahini recipe if you’re looking to use that instead: Big Sesame Tahini Cookies (Paleo, Vegan).
- Coconut Oil: swap with melted vegan butter or a flavorless cooking oil.
- Coconut Sugar: swap with organic cane sugar or organic brown sugar.
- Nuts: swap with your favorite nuts or seeds. Finely chop large nuts.
- Raisins: swap with your favorite dried fruit, but make sure to chop it finely. Large chunks will make these healthy coconut oatmeal cookies crumbly.
- Can I add pumpkin? Try this gluten free recipe instead: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Can I add applesauce? Try this gluten free breakfast recipe instead: Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Applesauce Muffins.
- Note: remember: the more swaps you make, the further from my intended result you’ll get. Try, experiment and have fun! 🙂
So… how’d you like pre-celebrating the would-be food holiday, National Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie Day, with me? 😉 Best excuse to make easy ‘n healthy homemade breakfast cookies EVER!!! All jokes aside, I truly cannot wait to hear what you think of my vegan, gluten-free recipe! Thank you for stopping by—it truly makes my day.
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
💜 Click below to Pin 💜
Healthy Breakfast Cookies and Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
- Good Morning Breakfast Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- How to Make Banana Muffin Tops (Healthy)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 flax egg (whisk together 1 tablespoons ground flax + 3 tablespoons warm water, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup nuts, finely chopped (pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold ingredients together until well-combined. Fold in Add-in Ingredients.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet (placed on a cooling rack) for about 5-10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Also try my 1-bowl Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars, Good Morning Breakfast Cookies, and my Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies.
- The first day, cookies are crispy on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside.
- The second day and on, cookies become soft and tender--and the flavor increases. So good!
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it's estimated based on 15 servings per recipe. 🙂
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Tools to Make Easy ‘n Healthy Homemade Breakfast Cookies
Click the links below for my favorite tools & ingredients used to make this vegan breakfast cookies recipe.
- Natural Almond Butter – smooth, creamy, and packed full of healthy fats and nutrients.
- Cookie Scoop – this tool makes baking oatmeal cookies SO much easier! Just scoop and drop—no need to worry about uniform sizing. 😉
- Large Coconut Flakes – these coconut flakes are the perfect add-ins for yummy oatmeal breakfast cookies!
- Golden Ground Flax – the essential ingredient for making vegan egg replacements—flax eggs.
- Homemade Oat Flour – my personal recipe for making gluten free oat flour at home. Or, just buy it here: Gluten Free Oat Flour.
- Cookie Sheet – the sturdiest baking sheets. I love them!
- Coconut Sugar – my go-to coconut sugar for all healthy vegan gluten free baking