Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Truffles (V, GF): a fun recipe for homemade candy truffles that taste just like Almond Joy! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid or melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Chocolate Dip Layer + Drizzle
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons paleo vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- 12–18 unsalted, roasted almonds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside for later.
- Make the Coconut Balls: Add coconut, oil and maple syrup to a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a wet and sticky mixture, with smaller, but still noticeable, coconut pieces.
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop firmly packed balls of coconut mixture. Drop onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart. If needed, gently press and shape loose bits of mixture into a firm ball. Using a finger, gently flatten the top of a ball—this is where the almond will sit later. Repeat until no mixture remains.
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes. About 5 minutes before the balls are done freezing, it’s time to prepare the chocolate dip layer.
- Prepare the Chocolate Dip: Use the double boiler method, or the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add the Chocolate Dip Layer + Drizzle ingredients: chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in 20-30 second increments until just slightly softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Remove coconut balls from the freezer. Dip the bottom of a coconut ball into the bowl of melted chocolate. Use the side of the bowl to scrape off excess chocolate—there should be enough leftover to dip almonds and drizzle truffles later. Lay back onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all coconut balls have been coated.
- Add the Almond Decoration: Dip one side of an almond into the remaining melted chocolate and press into the indentation on the top of a truffle. Repeat for all truffles.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape remaining melted chocolate into a zip bag with a very small tip cut off, or a small drizzling bottle. If not enough chocolate remains, mix in and melt together 1 tablespoon chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Holding the bag over a coconut truffle, pipe the chocolate in a zigzag pattern. Repeat for all truffles.
- Place baking sheet into the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my Paleo Vegan Chocolate Coconut Truffles and my Paleo Almond Joy.
– Store in an airtight container for 1 week at room temperature. Or, store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
– If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes before enjoying.
– More Paleo Vegan holiday treats recipes: paleo almond joy milkshake, peppermint fudge, no bake chocolate pecan bars.
- Category: Candy, Dessert, Chocolate, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free