These delicious Vegan Banana Cookies are made with natural peanut butter, fiber-rich oats and deliciously ripe bananas! Easy recipe to customize and enjoy on the go.
- 2 medium bananas, ripened
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup dried fruit, chopped to small pieces if needed
- ½ cup nuts, finely chopped or seeds
- 2 tablespoons each: dried fruit and nuts/seeds
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled bananas. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, baking soda and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well mixed. Fold in fruit and nuts.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Optionally, press toppings into the tops of each cookie. Using a fork, flatten each cookie to desired thickness. They won’t spread much during baking.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Wanna make bars instead? Make these Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (Vegan).
More Vegan Banana Recipes
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to one week. Best if eaten within 3-5 days.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan banana cookies, vegan peanut butter banana cookies