Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for chewy, protein-rich banana cookies, plus a great excuse to eat COOKIES for breakfast! Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free.
- 2 medium bananas, ripened
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled bananas. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, baking powder and baking soda. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Optionally, press raisins and walnuts into the tops of each cookie. Using a fork, flatten each cookie to desired thickness. They won’t spread much during baking.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars.
More healthy breakfast & cookie recipes:
- For those who’ve asked, here’s the cookie scoop that I used in today’s recipe.
- Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to one week. Best within 4-5 days.
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast cookies