Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies: yummy & soft gluten free banana oatmeal breakfast cookies. EASY healthy breakfast cookies, packed with chocolate & chewy oats! Vegan, GF, Dairy-Free, Flourless.
Have you ever been on a super, super long road trip and gone nearly nuts with hunger? I have. And so has Erik. Come to think of it, we were in the same boat (er… bus).
Back when we were living in Maine, Erik and I frequently took the bus to Boston to visit my mom and my sister Jenny. And when I say frequently, I mean long-ly. Okay, that’s not a word, but you know what I mean! There were so many times I wished we had a few oil-free peanut butter oatmeal breakfast cookies or, perhaps some banana oatmeal breakfast cookies, ya know?
Those four-hour bus rides were so, sooooooo dreadfully long. Especially if you take into account the fact that we had to get to the bus station early, sit there for 4.5 hours, then navigate through South Station (the bus/train station where we arrived), then take like 100 million more hours ‘til we arrived at Jenny’s.
You can imagine the hunger that we built up during those trips. I mean, a few fellow bus riders had whole jars of mayo to snack on. <– I literally still do not know what to do with that information.
Meanwhile, as naturally hungry folks, our baseline is hangry, m’kay? 😉 After too many trips to count, I finally realized that we had to bring some fine, fine healthy snacks to keep us going/not grumpy because my mom would not be feelin’ that.
Enter: gluten free banana oatmeal breakfast cookies!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies: Banana Chocolate Chip!
These healthy breakfast cookies were our saving grace during all of those smelly and exhausting trips. (Alright, you really didn’t need to know about the smelly part. But those herbaceous buses, tho!)
We’d each unashamedly unpack and reverently unwrap a couple of these banana oatmeal breakfast cookies… and as Erik would like for me to point out, proudly enjoy the jealous stares and drools of strangers. Lol. Like, keep those eyes on your jars of mayo, m’kay?
These healthy breakfast cookies kept us sated, sane and energized throughout long trips, long days and post-workout (they’re multi-functional hehe). Try these easy, vegan, dairy-free and gluten free banana oatmeal breakfast cookies and ENJOY!
The Ingredients: Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Bananas are the star of these gluten free breakfast cookies! Make sure to use very ripe bananas—the riper the bananas, the naturally sweeter the breakfast cookies.
Creamy, Natural Peanut Butter
One of my favorite ingredients in vegan gluten free baking: natural peanut butter, adds creaminess, protein and healthy fats to this banana oatmeal breakfast cookies recipe. Bonus: peanut butter keeps you full longer for a great morning! PB Lovers: be sure to try my Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies and my Healthy Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free).
Gluten Free Rolled Oats
Make sure to use gluten free-certified rolled oats to keep these healthy breakfast cookies gluten free. If you’re having trouble finding rolled oats, look for old-fashioned oats (their other name).
With just 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar in about 30 banana breakfast cookies, my banana oatmeal breakfast cookies recipe doesn’t include much added sugar. Naturally sweetened treats, ftw! Woohoo!
I love using coconut oil in place of butter, canola oil or other traditional oils for all of my vegan gluten free cookies. Don’t worry, this healthy oil doesn’t add a coconut flavor to your gluten free oatmeal breakfast cookies!
Vegan Chocolate Chips
An optional, but not really (hehe!!), ingredient in these gluten free banana oatmeal breakfast cookies. Here’s one of the vegan chocolate chip brands that I use for cookies, this Almond Joy Overnight Oats Recipe and more. Make sure to top your banana breakfast cookies with chocolate chips to make ‘em pretty!
Best Tools for Gluten Free Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Click below to see the best tools for delicious ‘n healthy breakfast cookies!
- Cookie Sheet: my go-to baking sheets. I’ve been using them for years, and they’re still holding strong! .
- Pastry Cutter: My secret tip for mashing bananas very quickly. A total must for making banana breakfast cookies.
- Unbleached Parchment Paper: the perfect way to keep your gluten free breakfast cookies from sticking to the baking sheet.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips: a wonderful brand of dairy-free chocolate chips that I love to use.
- Medium Cookie Scoop: the best way to evenly scoop out the gluten free breakfast cookie dough.
Are you ready to bake these banana breakfast cookies? Let’s do it! Here’s to attacking those hunger grumps with all the gluten free oatmeal breakfast cookies!! Leave a comment if you try the recipe—you know I love hearing what you think! ‘Til the next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
Gluten Free Banana Breakfast Cookies & Bars
Below, I’ve gathered my favorite healthy breakfast cookies: gluten free, vegan, flourless & easy! Find: banana oatmeal breakfast cookies, gluten free breakfast cookies with peanut butter and more!
- Healthy Breakfast Oatmeal Coconut Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (Vegan, GF)
- Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (Vegan)
- Good Morning Breakfast Cookies – Vegan Gluten Free
- Easy Paleo Snack Bars Recipe (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Gluten Free Banana Oatmeal Cookies: soft ‘n yummy banana oatmeal cookies made with simple, healthy ingredients. The easiest gluten free banana oatmeal cookies—packed with banana & chewy oats!
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy homemade peanut butter or store-bought
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes) or eggs of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips or your favorite add-ins
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped or your favorite add-ins
- 2 tablespoons each: allergy-friendly chocolate chips and chopped walnuts or your favorite add-ins
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled bananas. Using a fork or pastry cutter, mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: peanut butter, coconut sugar, coconut oil, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: gluten free oats, baking soda and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well mixed. Fold in your favorite add-ins (I like these allergy-friendly chocolate chips).
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Optionally, press chocolate chips and walnuts into the tops of each cookie. Using a fork, flatten each cookie to desired thickness. They won’t spread much during baking.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, or until mostly firm. Using a heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Banana & Oatmeal Recipes You’ll Love
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to one week. Best if eaten within 4-5 days.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free banana oatmeal cookies, banana oatmeal cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.