Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (V+GF): a 1-bowl oat flour banana muffins recipe for moist ‘n lightly sweet Vegan Oat Muffins bursting with banana flavor! My favorite vegan oatmeal muffins with banana. 🙂
Before there were Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins, there were store-bought muffins. And plenty of ‘em. For years, I’ve nursed a strong and unwavering love for… grocery store bakeries. You heard me, grocery store bakeries.
Anyone else agree? (Pause)
Hmm… is that crickets I hear? Either that or my eccentric heater is huffing and snapping again. Well, then!
Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins: The Preamble
Why would a self-proclaimed baker such as myself just love grocery store bakeries? I’ll tell ya: the thing about grocery store bakeries is that they’re pretty much just other people’s kitchens… but on a much larger scale. Ya know? And being the nosy, ever hungry and baked good lovin’ gal that I am, I can’t help but check out other people’s kitchens.
Grocery store bakeries, unlike regular people’s kitchens, also get to make like a hundred different items everyday. Duuude, how cool is that? So what happens when they have to make that much stuff? Will it be good? Will it be gross? Will it be both?
My mind boggles at the possibilities.
So every time I plan my entire weekend around going to casually stroll by a grocery store, I go straight for my favorite section: the bakery. Oh, the sweets that abound there! Lemon poppy seed muffins, oat flour banana muffins (yeah, right), vegan oat muffins (no way), and vegan oatmeal muffins (I wish), cakes shaped like cookies, cupcakes shaped into a cake, a cake shaped into a cupcake (hmm, I’m sensing a theme here).
I feel like a kid in a candy store there… but with less candy and more baked goods shaped like other baked goods.
One of the cases that I always have to check out is the muffin case. (And of course, the doughnut case, the cookies case, and all of the other cases… #SweetToothProblems). Imagine all of the goodness in this case: double chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins, pistachio (!!) muffins, more chocolate chip muffins, paleo chocolate muffins, and… drumroll please: banana muffins.
You would think after I revealed my embarrassing former dislike of Oatmeal Cookies aka the Trick Cookies, I would have just about run as far and as fast as I could from banana muffins. But, to be honest (as if I’ve been lying the whole time up til now), my mom loves banana muffins.
Vegan Oat Muffins with Banana!
So I’ve assigned myself to the very “difficult” research of eating my way through many, many grocery stores, in an attempt to find the most delicious banana muffins for her. Preferably vegan banana oat muffins, for the health factor, of course.
After years of doing this, and now with both of us being at ages where we’re not quite the spring chickens we used to be, it has come to my attention that… well, we gotta eat better (yep, big astounding epiphany here)! No more grocery store bakeries (except on rare occasions); and way more homemade goodies.
I’ve busied myself with less walks to said bakeries and more baker cardio in my own kitchen. After a bit of this and a bit of that, I am proud to present to you… my Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins, aka Mom’s Favorite Oat Flour Banana Muffins. Or, She’s Too Busy Eating And Can’t Hear You Muffins. Or, Banana Oat Muffins That Are Actually Muffins, Not A Cake Shaped Into A Muffin.
These vegan oat muffins are the kind of breakfast delight that’ll stop you, your mom and all the neighborhood folk from ever having to peruse the grocery store bakery cases ever again. Okay, I exaggerate. But these oat flour banana muffins give you that guilt-free, comforting, and delicious banana muffin decadence you’ve been craving. And just in case you feel more like loaf-shaped banana goodness, try this amazing gluten free banana bread from my sweet friend Sharon at What the Fork!
>>related: Healthy Banana Recipes for Ripe Bananas!
TL;DR: Vegan Oat Flour Banana Muffins
These Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins are:
- easy to make, in one bowl
- incredibly rich and moist, and lightly sweet
- made with simple ingredients
- gluten free and vegan
- packed full of banana flavor
- perfect on-the-go
- warm, comforting and hearty
- full of whole grains: oat flour and rolled oats
- basically, my favorite vegan oat muffins with banana!
And, of course…
- something you can feel good about making for your mama
- way better than grocery store bakery stuff
Best Tools for Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins
Where to Buy Ingredients:
- Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- Coconut Sugar
- Gluten Free Oat Flour (or try homemade oat flour)
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Oil | Pure Maple Syrup | Ground Flaxseed
- Trigger Ice Cream Scoop – For Muffins
- Pastry Cutter
- Muffin Pans | Parchment Muffin Liners
- Glass Mixing Bowls
- My Favorite Kitchen Timer
- Convenient Muffin Carrier
If you’re a sucker for breakfast foods like my mom and I, or you just love a good vegan oatmeal muffin (that actually looks like a muffin), these Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins have got your name all over it. Well, it actually has oats and coconut sugar all over it. But I could arrange the oats to spell out your name…
Some awesome ways to enjoy these (oat flour) banana oat muffins are:
- warmed up with a drizzle of maple syrup on top
- cut in half with a scoop of almond butter in between
- as a double banana bliss bowl: warmed up with banana soft serve on top
You’re drooling now, am I right?? Make these Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins today and hug me tomorrow. 😉
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter
Click below to Pin
More Gluten Free Muffins & Banana Recipes
- Secretly Healthy Banana Muffins Recipe
- Healthy Moist Vegan Zucchini Muffins w/ Chocolate Chips
- Gluten Free Banana Muffins
- Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread Coffee Cake Recipe
- Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread (GF)
- Banana Protein Shake – 4 ingredients!
- and Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe, just for fun!
Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (V+GF): a 1-bowl oat flour banana muffins recipe for moist ‘n lightly sweet Vegan Oat Muffins bursting with banana flavor! My favorite vegan oatmeal muffins with banana.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed banana (approx. 2–3 bananas)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F degrees. Line a 12-muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Measure 1 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed banana—this is the amount you will use. Remove excess banana.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax eggs, milk and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup about 3/4 of the way for a greater quantity of smaller muffins, or all the way to the top for a smaller quantity of big, domed-top muffins. I use this ice cream scoop for easy scooping. Optionally, sprinkle the tops of muffins with rolled oats and sugar.
- Bake for 22-30 minutes. On the lower end for smaller muffins, on the higher end for large muffins. Mine took 29 minutes for 10 larger muffins.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 1 hour. Lift on and enjoy!
More Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy muffins.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Coconut Sugar | Gluten Free Oat Flour (or try homemade oat flour) | Pure Vanilla Extract | Coconut Oil | Pure Maple Syrup | Ground Flaxseed
- Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Recommended Tools: Trigger Ice Cream Scoop – For Muffins | Pastry Cutter | Muffin Pans | Parchment Muffin Liners | Glass Mixing Bowls | My Favorite Kitchen Timer | Convenient Muffin Carrier
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 12 servings per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Vegan oat flour banana muffins, Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins, Vegan Oat Muffins, healthy breakfast recipe
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.