Homemade Cashew Coconut Milk Vegan Ice Cream (Paleo, Dairy-Free): creamy coconut milk-based ice cream packed with cashews & coconut! Make the best keto ice cream in minutes—no soaking cashews, no churn, easy! Non-Dairy, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Keto, Low Carb, Refined Sugar-Free.
Cashew Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 1 (13.66 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup unsalted, natural creamy homemade cashew butter or store-bought
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, OR one of the keto-friendly sweeteners listed below* (more if you like it sweeter)
Keto Sweeteners – use ONE of the following, instead of maple syrup:
- 14–20 drops liquid monkfruit extract (20 is delightfully sweet)
- 3 tablespoons sugar free monkfruit maple flavored syrup (more if you like it sweeter)
- 12–16 drops liquid stevia (12 is lightly sweet, 16 is very tasty!)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes or shreds
- 2 tablespoons roasted cashews, chopped
- Add all ingredients except Add-ins to a food processor or blender: coconut milk, cashew butter, vanilla and sweetener.
- Blend until smooth. Periodically scrape down the sides of the blender/processor.
- If using, add coconut only. Pulse a few times, until incorporated.
- Pour into a freezer-friendly container with a lid, such as this Insulated Ice Cream Tub or these super cute Mini, Portion Control Ice Cream Containers.
- Cover and place into the freezer. Freeze for 1 hour. Then, if using, fold in chopped cashews—the ice cream mixture will be thickened & creamy—this will prevent the cashews from sinking to the bottom.
- Freeze for an additional 2-5 hours, until firm. Enjoy! If enjoying the next day or later, allow to thaw for about 30-60 minutes at room temperature, or until soft enough to scoop.
More Vegan Dairy-Free Ice Cream Recipes
- Almond Joy Vegan Paleo Ice Cream Recipe (Refined Sugar-Free)
- 4 Ingredient Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream (Vegan, Keto)
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Healthy Vegan Ice Cream Recipe (Paleo, Homemade, Dairy-Free)
- 4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream (Vegan, Dairy-Free)
- *This recipe is lightly sweet. If you like sweeter ice cream, add 1-2 more tablespoons, or increase your keto sweetener. Taste the ice cream mixture before freezing to adjust to taste.
- Storing instructions: store for 1-2 weeks in the freezer. Before enjoying: allow to thaw for 30-60 minutes at room temperature, or until soft enough to scoop.
- To Quick Thaw: making sure your ice cream is in a microwave-safe container, heat in 15-second increments until softened & scoopable.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 12 servings per recipe, and made with liquid monkfruit extract. 🙂
Keto Sweeteners (Low-Carb, Sugar-Free, Low Glycemic)
- Liquid Monkfruit Extract: Zero glycemic, tastes like honey, with no bitter aftertaste (which you can get with stevia). One of my favorites! Keto, Vegan, Low Glycemic, Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free.
- Sugar Free Monkfruit Maple Flavored Syrup: Closest in taste to the pure maple syrup listed in this recipe. Only 1 net carb and 0 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoons. Keto, Vegan, Low Glycemic, Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free.
- Liquid Stevia: Zero glycemic, zero calories. Just be careful with using more than the amount in the recipe because stevia can leave quite the aftertaste, which can be unpleasant.
Recommended Tools for Cashew Coconut Milk Vegan Ice Cream
- Keto-Friendly Sweeteners: Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup, Liquid Stevia Drops, Liquid Monkfruit Extract.
- Food Processor: Nothing beats this food processor. It’s probably my most-used kitchen appliance. Blender: If you’re looking for a good multi-purpose blender, then look no further.
- Reusable Ice Cream Containers: This tall, rectangular Insulated Ice Cream Tub fits perfectly in your freezer door. For pint-style containers: Reusable Ice Cream Tub or Mini, Portion Control Ice Cream Containers – perfect for homemade ice cream & love that they’re reusable!
- Trigger Ice Cream Scoop: The trigger makes it super easy to create beautiful scoops of ice cream without it getting stuck. Best Ice Cream Scoop: I seriously love this scoop! It looks amazing, and scoops like a champ.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 8mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 4g, Net Carbs: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: keto ice cream, cashew ice cream, paleo ice cream, vegan ice cream