Cashew Ice Cream Recipe: just 3 ingredients for deliciously creamy cashew ice cream. The best cashew ice cream recipe—no churn, super easy and satisfying! Vegan, Paleo.
Cashew Ice Cream
- 1 (13.66 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup unsalted, natural creamy cashew butter (try homemade)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons roasted cashews, chopped
- Add all ingredients except the Optional Add-in to a food processor or blender: coconut milk, cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla (if using).
- Blend until smooth. Periodically scrape down the sides of the blender/processor.
- Pour into a freezer-friendly container with a lid, such as this insulated ice cream tub or these super cute mini ice cream containers.
- Cover and place into the freezer. Freeze for 1 hour. Then, if using, fold in chopped cashews—the ice cream mixture will be thickened & creamy—this will prevent the cashews from sinking to the bottom.
- Freeze for an additional 2-5 hours, until firm. Enjoy! If enjoying the next day or later, allow to thaw for about 30-60 minutes at room temperature, or until soft enough to scoop.
More Ice Cream Recipes
*This recipe is lightly sweet. If you like sweeter ice cream, add 1-2 more tablespoons maple syrup. Taste the ice cream mixture before freezing to adjust to taste.
Storing Instructions: Store for 1-2 weeks in the freezer. Before enjoying: allow to thaw for 30-60 minutes at room temperature, or until soft enough to scoop.
To Quick Thaw: Making sure your ice cream is in a microwave-safe container, heat in 15-second increments until softened & scoopable.
- Food Processor: Nothing beats this food processor. It’s probably my most-used kitchen appliance.
- Reusable Ice Cream Containers: This tall, rectangular Insulated Ice Cream Tub fits perfectly in your freezer door. For pint-style containers: Reusable Ice Cream Tub or Mini Ice Cream Containers – perfect for homemade ice cream & love that they’re reusable!
- Trigger Ice Cream Scoop: The trigger makes it super easy to create beautiful scoops of ice cream without it getting stuck. Best Ice Cream Scoop: I seriously love this scoop! It looks amazing, and scoops like a champ.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cashew ice cream, cashew milk ice cream