Healthy No Sugar Added Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream (V, DF): a super easy, 5-ingredient recipe for the BEST deliciously creamy and chocolatey no churn peanut butter ice cream. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo option.
First there was Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream… then there was Chocolate Peanut Butter Homemade Frosty (and Strawberry Coconut Sorbet)… and then there was this:
Healthy No Sugar Added Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Tell me, who’s SUPER excited about a healthy (for real) chocolate ice cream bursting with 1000% peanut butter YUM? Alright, 1000% might be a little too much… an exaggeration on my part because it just sounded more fun. 😉
But trust me, this healthy chocolate peanut butter ice cream is for Peanut Butter Lovers only. It’s super creamy, deliciously chocolatey, but most importantly, indulgently peanut-buttery.
What does that mean?
Peanut butter all throughout the chocolate base ice cream. Thick ribbons of peanut butter swirling deliciously through that creamy chocolate base. And…
Wait! There’s no “and” because that’s all. You. Need.
Scratch that—and, NO ADDED SUGAR.
Who’s loving this?
You don’t need the added sugar because we’ve got lovely bananas on our side, naturally ripened aka sweetened to perfection.
And before you ask, nope, this ice cream doesn’t taste like a bunch of bananas! 😉 It tastes like peanut butter, chocolate, more peanut butter, a hint of bananas, and even more peanut butter.
You won’t miss the added sugar, and you be truly dumbfounded by how creamy this Healthy No Sugar Added Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream truly is. The secret’s in the peanut butter and the bananas. Each add a creamy richness that negates the need for heavy cream, coconut cream, egg whites, or any of that stuff!
So go ahead, grab another scoop. You deserve it and you don’t need to think twice about it. Because this ice cream is guilt free. Oh yeah!
Best of all, this chocolate peanut butter ice cream is super easy to make. Even easier, if you skip the peanut butter swirl part… but honestly, the extra minute or two it takes to make the swirl is totally and absolutely worth it.
Meanwhile, if you’re searching for more peanut butter treats, try these on for size:
- 4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream <– SO good. Seriously my favorite!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosty
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites Recipe (a huge hit since I shared it, garnering 1,000s of views a day)
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
In case I don’t have you convinced, let me tell you all about this Healthy No Sugar Added Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream. It’s:
- seriously easy to make!
- comes together in just 5-10 minutes
- deliciously super creamy
- vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free
- easily made paleo by swapping the peanut butter for almond butter
- bursting with chocolate
- made especially for Peanut Butter Lovers, with twice the amount of peanut butter YUM
- just the no added sugar ice cream you’ve been looking for
- basically the tastiest, creamiest healthy chocolate peanut butter ice cream ever .
- the perfect excuse to eat all the peanut butter!
Are you ready for this? I’ll grab the ripened bananas, you grab the peanut butter! I can’t wait to see what you think of this recipe. 🙂 It’s always an honor to share in these fun kitchen adventures with you. I’m truly grateful that you’re here.
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤
.︎ Click below to Pin .︎
. Did you make this recipe? Take a pic and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #beamingbaker and tag @beamingbaker. I would love to see it! .︎
If you enjoyed this Healthy No Sugar Added Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream, then you’ll just love these delicious and healthy peanut butter dessert recipes:
More Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Recipes
- 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream (you have to try this if you’re a big PB ice cream fan!)
- and No Churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Coconut Vegan Ice Cream, just for fun! 😉
Healthy No Sugar Added Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream (Vegan, Dairy-Free, Paleo option, GF)
- Yield: 8-12 servings 1x
Healthy No Sugar Added Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream (V, DF): a super easy, 5-ingredient recipe for the BEST deliciously creamy and chocolatey no churn peanut butter ice cream. Vegan, Dairy-Free, Paleo option, Healthy Desserts, Peanut Butter, No Sugar Added, Gluten-Free.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural peanut butter or almond butter for paleo option
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (use paleo-friendly if needed)
Optional Peanut Butter Swirl
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural peanut butter or almond butter for paleo option
- Add bananas into food processor (preferred) or blender. Blend until crumbly. Add milk, blending until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and cocoa powder. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-friendly container and smooth into an even layer; OR, optionally, do the following to create a Peanut Butter Swirl:
Pour half of the mixture into a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Tap the container a few times to create an even layer. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter over this layer of ice cream, creating big pockets of peanut butter. Keep it uneven for more chunky swirls!
Pour the remaining half of the ice cream mixture over the peanut butter swirl. Tap again to even out the layer. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter over the ice cream. Dip a butter knife straight down into the ice cream. Gently swirl the knife around in a clockwise motion, creating pretty peanut butter swirls. Do not over-stir, as that will fully mix the peanut butter into the ice cream and remove swirls.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 5-20 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
Adapted from my Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Smoothie recipe.
Also try my 4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream and my No Churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Coconut Vegan Ice Cream.
– Store in a freezer-friendly container for up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
– Allow to thaw at room temperature for 5-20 minutes, until firm but scoopable.
– More frozen plant-based treats to try: coconut chocolate chip ice cream, almond joy ice cream, dark chocolate nice cream.
- Category: Frozen Desserts, Vegan, Paleo option, Dairy-Free, No Sugar Added, Healthy Desserts
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
Food Processor | Unsweetened Cocoa Powder | OXO Trigger Ice Cream Scoop | Blender | Stainless Steel Measuring Cups | Gluten Free Sugar Cones | Silicone Spatulas | Ice Cream Cone Holder
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.
Facebook ☀︎ Pinterest ☀︎ Twitter ☀︎ Instagram
Leila Reagan says
Can you taste the banana in the ice cream/is it overpowering?
Demeter | Beaming Baker says
Hi Leila! I don’t think it’s very strong, but it does depend on how ripe your bananas are. The riper they are, the more present the banana flavor will be.