4 Ingredient Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream (Vegan, Keto): creamy, luscious almond butter vegan ice cream in 5 minutes—no churn, easy! This keto ice cream recipe is silky smooth, dairy-free, made without an ice cream maker. Refined Sugar-Free, Low-Carb, Non-Dairy, Low Sugar!
Lately, I’ve been getting a lot more requests for keto & paleo recipes. What do you think? Are you interested in keto recipes? How about paleo recipes? Of course, I’ll keep everything vegan and gluten free as usual… but perhaps they can also be keto and paleo? 🙂
While you think about that, allow me to introduce you to my first keto—make that keto ice cream—recipe! Are you excited? ‘Cuz I know my mom is! 😉
Erik and I’ve been looking for a low-carb ice cream recipe to make for my mom. She’s not allowed to have much sugar, and she’s always looking for a way to stay full for longer… hence: keto recipes! I’ve been working on keto aka high-fat, low-carb recipes and testing them on her to see what she thinks.
4 Ingredient Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream (Vegan)
So far: this 4 ingredient Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream is her favorite. Woohoo!! Bonus: it’s so friggin’ easy to make. Like, you literally just throw all the paleo ice cream ingredients into a food processor or blender, blend until smooth, pour it into a container, freeze, then scoop. That’s it!
This keto-friendly vegan almond butter ice cream is creamy, rich, perfectly nutty… and the best part? You get to control the amount of sweetness (and carbs, whoop!). Whether or not you’re an almond butter fan, I know you’ll just love this–and I know you’ll definitely love these Chocolate Almond Butter Keto Fat Bombs.
2nd best part? It’s made without bananas!! <– Which I know y’all have been requesting for ages! 😉
Try my 4 ingredient paleo almond butter ice cream & LOVE IT. Let me know in the comments below if you’ve made it! You know that totally makes my day!
Vegan Almond Butter Ice Cream Recipe in 4 Ingredients
- Ingredient 1: Full-fat coconut milk
- Ingredient 2: Natural, creamy almond butter or try homemade almond butter!
- Ingredient 3: Pure Maple Syrup OR a keto-friendly sweetener
- Ingredient 4: Vanilla or almond extract
How to make Keto Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream in 5 Easy Steps!
Today, we’re going to learn how to make almond ice cream without an ice cream maker! Woohoo!!
- Step 1: Add everything to the food processor (coconut milk, almond butter, sweetener and extract).
- Step 2: Blend until smooth.
- Step 3: Pour vegan ice cream mixture into a freezer-friendly container.
- Step 4: Freeze until firm.
- Step 5: Thaw until scoopable, then scoop your soon-to-be favorite keto, paleo & vegan ice cream! Whoop!
How do I make this Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream Keto?
To make this paleo almond butter ice cream keto, simply swap out the pure maple syrup for one of the low-carb, keto sweeteners below. Since keto is low-carb and high-fat, the rest of the ingredients stay put! 😉 Instead of maple syrup, you can use…
- Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Drops – Zero glycemic, zero carb, sugar-free, tastes like honey, with no bitter aftertaste (which you can get with stevia). One of my favorites! Keto, Vegan, Low Glycemic, Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free.
- Liquid Stevia Drops – Zero glycemic, zero calories, zero carbs. Just be careful with using more than the amount in the recipe because stevia can leave quite the aftertaste, which can be unpleasant.
- Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup – Closest in taste to the pure maple syrup listed in this recipe. Only 1 net carb and 0 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoons. Keto, Vegan, Low Glycemic, Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free.
To make this paleo almond butter ice cream a keto ice cream recipe: During Step 1 of this recipe, start with the smaller amount of keto sweetener listed on the recipe. Blend until smooth. Taste the mixture–if it’s not sweet enough, add a few more drops. Sweeten to taste, blend thoroughly and freeze!
Q&A for Paleo Almond Butter Vegan Ice Cream: Keto, Low-Carb
- Can you make vegan ice cream with coconut milk? Yes! That’s what we’re doing today. 😉 This paleo almond butter ice cream is made with a base of full-fat coconut milk.
- Where do I find full-fat coconut milk? Here is a link to full-fat coconut milk.
- Can I use homemade almond butter? Absolutely! Here is my favorite Easy Homemade Almond Butter Recipe.
- Where can I find a keto-friendly sweetener? Read the section above for links to low-carb keto sweeteners.
- How much sweetener should I use? I like to use about 3 tablespoons maple syrup. If you’re unsure, start with a smaller amount in your vegan almond butter ice cream and add to taste.
- Can I use a different seed or nut butter? Instead of almond butter, you can use cashew butter or sunflower seed butter in this paleo ice cream.
Are you ready for ALL the low-carb keto recipes? Okay, how about just keto ice cream recipes? 😉 Let me know in the comments below if you’re into it or not—I always value your awesome feedback. Meanwhile, it’s always a pleasure sharing in these kitchen adventures with you. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌 Click below to Pin 📌
Paleo Vegan Ice Cream Recipes without an ice cream maker
Here are a few of my favorite refined sugar-free & dairy free paleo ice cream recipes made without an ice cream maker:
- Almond Joy Vegan Paleo Ice Cream Recipe (Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 3 Ingredient Mango Coconut Vegan Ice Cream (Paleo, Vegan)
- Dark Chocolate Nice Cream– super easy paleo ice cream!
- No Churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Coconut Vegan Ice Cream (Paleo)
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Healthy Vegan Ice Cream Recipe (Paleo, Dairy-Free)
4 Ingredient Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream (Vegan, Keto): creamy, luscious almond butter vegan ice cream in 5 minutes—no churn, easy! This keto ice cream recipe is silky smooth, dairy-free, made without an ice cream maker. Non-Dairy, Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free.
Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream
- 1 (13.66 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- ¾ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter or homemade almond butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or almond extract (I used 1 of each)
- 3–4 tablespoons pure maple syrup, OR one of the keto-friendly sweeteners listed below* (more if you like it sweeter)
Keto Sweeteners – use ONE of the following, instead of maple syrup:
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender: coconut milk, almond butter, extract and sweetener.
- Blend until smooth. Periodically scrape down the sides of the blender/processor.
- Pour into a freezer-friendly container, such as this reusable ice cream tub or these portion control mini ice cream containers. Cover and place into the freezer.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours, until firm. Enjoy! If enjoying the next day or later, allow to thaw for about 30-60 minutes at room temperature, or until soft enough to scoop.
More Paleo Vegan Ice Cream Recipes (no churn):
- Storing Instructions: keep for 1-2 weeks. Before enjoying: allow to thaw for 30-60 minutes at room temperature, or until soft enough to scoop.
- Quick Thaw: make sure your ice cream is in a microwave-safe container, then pop the container into the microwave. Heat in 20-second increments until soft enough to scoop.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 12 servings per recipe, and made with liquid monkfruit extract.
Keto Sweeteners (Low-Carb, Sugar-Free, Low Glycemic)
- Liquid Monkfruit Extract: Zero glycemic, tastes like honey, with no bitter aftertaste (which you can get with stevia). One of my favorites! Keto, Vegan, Low Glycemic, Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free.
- Sugar Free Monkfruit Maple Flavored Syrup: Closest in taste to the pure maple syrup listed in this recipe. Only 1 net carb and 0 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoons. Keto, Vegan, Low Glycemic, Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free.
- Liquid Stevia: Zero glycemic, zero calories. Just be careful with using more than the amount in the recipe because stevia can leave quite the aftertaste, which can be unpleasant.
Recommended Tools for Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream
- Low-Carb, Keto-friendly Sweeteners: Sugar Free Maple Syrup: Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup. Plant-based Paleo Sweeteners: Liquid Stevia Drops or Monk Fruit Liquid Sweetener (with Erythritol).
- Reusable Ice Cream Containers: This tall, rectangular Insulated Ice Cream Tub fits perfectly in your freezer door. For pint-style containers: Reusable Ice Cream Tub or Mini, Portion Control Ice Cream Containers – perfect for homemade ice cream & love that they’re reusable!
- Nifty ice cream scoop: Easy to use, yields beautiful spheres of ice cream. 🍨
- My favorite Food Processor: Super reliable and super strong food processor. My go-to when making paleo ice cream, homemade almond butter and more.
- Category: Ice Cream, Frozen Desserts
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 8mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 4g, Net Carbs: 2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: keto ice cream, paleo ice cream, almond butter ice cream, vegan ice cream
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Best Tools for Paleo Almond Butter Vegan Ice Cream
Click on the links below to see the tools & ingredients I use to make this almond butter ice cream recipe! I use many of these tools for my paleo & vegan ice cream recipes all the time. 🙂
- Food Processor: My favorite way to make paleo ice cream at home. So quick and easy!
- Blender: A great alternative to a food processor when you’re making homemade vegan ice cream.
- Mint Ice Cream Scoop: Such a beautiful ice cream scoop that’s a boss at cutting through super frozen ice cream.
- Trigger Ice Cream Scoop: Another great tool for easily scooping your paleo ice cream.
- Maple Syrup: A fantastic sweetener to use for paleo and vegan ice cream. Here’s a great keto-friendly option: Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup