Just 5 mins of prep & 4 ingredients for the creamiest almond butter paleo ice cream! No Churn, Vegan, Keto, Dairy Free.
Lately, Erik and I’ve been looking for a low-carb ice cream recipe to make for my mom. She’s not allowed to have much sugar, and she’s always looking for a way to stay full for longer… hence: keto recipes!
I’ve been working on keto aka high-fat, low-carb recipes and testing them on her to see what she thinks. I still want to keep things are whole as possible, so I’m starting with a paleo ice cream base.
So far, this 4 ingredient almond butter paleo ice cream is her favorite! Woohoo!! The best part? It’s so easy to make—you literally just throw all the paleo ice cream ingredients into a food processor, then—oops, I’m rambling already… we’ll get into this later. 😉
Are you ready to make the best creamy paleo ice cream? Let’s do it!
How to Make Almond Butter Paleo Ice Cream
Today, we’re going to learn how to make almond butter paleo ice cream without an ice cream maker! Woohoo!!
Add everything to a food processor: coconut milk, almond butter, sweetener and extract.
Blend all paleo ice cream ingredients together until smooth.
Pour keto vegan ice cream mixture into a freezer-friendly container.
Freeze almond butter ice cream until firm.
Thaw & Scoop
Thaw until scoopable, then scoop your soon-to-be favorite keto, paleo & vegan ice cream! Whoop!
Creamy Paleo Ice Cream in 4 Ingredients
- Ingredient 1: Full-fat coconut milk
- Ingredient 2: Natural, creamy almond butter or try homemade almond butter!
- Ingredient 3: Pure Maple Syrup OR a keto-friendly sweetener
- Ingredient 4: Vanilla or almond extract
How do I make this paleo almond butter ice cream keto?
To make this paleo almond butter ice cream keto, simply swap out the pure maple syrup for one of the low-carb, keto sweeteners below. Since keto is low-carb and high-fat, the rest of the ingredients stay put! Instead of maple syrup, you can use…
- Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Drops– Zero glycemic, zero carb, sugar-free, tastes like honey, with no bitter aftertaste (which you can get with stevia). One of my favorites! Keto, Vegan, Low Glycemic, Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free.
- Liquid Stevia Drops– Zero glycemic, zero calories, zero carbs. Just be careful with using more than the amount in the recipe because stevia can leave quite the aftertaste, which can be unpleasant.
- Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup– Closest in taste to the pure maple syrup listed in this recipe. Only 1 net carb and 0 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoons. Keto, Vegan, Low Glycemic, Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free.
To make this paleo almond butter ice cream a keto ice cream recipe: During Step 1 of this recipe, start with the smaller amount of keto sweetener listed on the recipe. Blend until smooth. Taste the mixture–if it’s not sweet enough, add a few more drops. Sweeten to taste, blend thoroughly and freeze!
Rich ‘n creamy almond butter ice cream that’s secretly paleo, keto, vegan and dairy free!
How’ve you been enjoying all of the ice cream recipes on BB? 🙂 We’ll soon be transitioning to warmer, cozier recipes, but for now… we make ice cream! I simply cannot wait to hear what you and your loved ones think. ‘Til the next wonderful kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Delicious Ice Cream Recipes
- Keto Coconut Ice Cream
- Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- Best Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Cashew Ice Cream
- …and learn how to toast slivered almonds for an extra special topping!
4 Ingredient Almond Butter Paleo Ice Cream: just 5 mins of prep & 4 ingredients for the creamiest almond butter paleo ice cream! No Churn, Vegan, Keto, Dairy Free.
Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream
- 1 (13.66 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- ¾ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter or homemade almond butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or almond extract (I used 1 of each)
- 3–4 tablespoons pure maple syrup, OR one of the keto-friendly sweeteners listed below* (more if you like it sweeter)
Keto Sweeteners – use ONE of the following, instead of maple syrup:
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender: coconut milk, almond butter, extract and sweetener.
- Blend until smooth. Periodically scrape down the sides of the blender/processor.
- Pour into a freezer-friendly container, such as this reusable ice cream tub or these portion control mini ice cream containers. Cover and place into the freezer.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours, until firm. Enjoy! If enjoying the next day or later, allow to thaw for about 30-60 minutes at room temperature, or until soft enough to scoop.
Delicious Ice Cream Recipes:
Storing Instructions: keep for 1-2 weeks. Before enjoying: allow to thaw for 30-60 minutes at room temperature, or until soft enough to scoop.
Quick Thaw: make sure your ice cream is in a microwave-safe container, then pop the container into the microwave. Heat in 20-second increments until soft enough to scoop.
Nutrition Information is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 12 servings per recipe, and made with liquid monkfruit extract.
Keto Sweeteners (Low-Carb, Sugar-Free, Low Glycemic)
- Liquid Monkfruit Extract: Zero glycemic, tastes like honey, with no bitter aftertaste (which you can get with stevia). One of my favorites!
- Keto Maple Syrup: Closest in taste to the pure maple syrup listed in this recipe. Only 1 net carb and 0 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoons.
- Liquid Stevia: Zero glycemic, zero calories. Just be careful with using more than the amount in the recipe because stevia can leave quite the aftertaste, which can be unpleasant.
Recommended Tools for Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream
- Low-Carb, Keto-friendly Sweeteners: Sugar Free Maple Syrup: Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup. Plant-based Paleo Sweeteners: Liquid Stevia Drops or Monk Fruit Liquid Sweetener (with Erythritol).
- Reusable Ice Cream Containers: This tall, rectangular Insulated Ice Cream Tub fits perfectly in your freezer door. For pint-style containers: Reusable Ice Cream Tub or Mini, Portion Control Ice Cream Containers – perfect for homemade ice cream & love that they’re reusable!
- Nifty ice cream scoop: Easy to use, yields beautiful spheres of ice cream. .
- My Favorite Food Processor: Super reliable and super strong food processor. My go-to when making paleo ice cream, homemade almond butter and more.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 8mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 4g, Net Carbs: 2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: paleo ice cream, vegan keto ice cream, almond butter ice cream
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.