How to Make Homemade Cashew Butter Recipe: this easy homemade cashew butter recipe makes the best creamy, smooth cashew butter! Step-by-step photo tutorial with tips & recipes for your homemade cashew butter! Keto, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Oil-Free.
Happy Homemade Holiday!! Okay, so that’s probably not a thing, but why the heck not? Like, just in case all of us homemade heroes decided we wanted a homemade holiday to celebrate all of our homemade goodies?
And, ya know, find a way to say “homemade” like 10 million more times? 😉
It’s just… today, we’re learning how to make homemade cashew butter!! Who’s excited?!? Any Homemade Heroes out there, like feelin’ themselves? 🙂
Get it, GURL!
How to Make Homemade Cashew Butter Recipe
Okay, obviously nothing and nobody can tamp down my excitement for today’s truly homemade, truly fun, and simply satisfying (because what’s more satisfying that making something from scratch??) Homemade Cashew Butter Recipe!!
Remember how we learned how to make easy homemade almond butter last month? And remember how we learned how to make homemade peanut butter, oh, say… just 46,534 days ago? (I can’t remember, but it was momentous, obvs).
Well, I thought it’d be high time to share a homemade cashew butter recipe since… *spoiler alert* a super special, cashew butter-centric recipe is coming out on Thursday. Hint: ICE CREAM!!
You ready? Let’s MAKE THIS. Be sure to leave a comment below if you try my homemade cashew butter recipe! It truly makes my day to hear from you. Without further ado, let’s do this!
Best Homemade Cashew Butter Recipe – the Taste!
There is nothing quite like making your very own homemade cashew butter. It’s oddly satisfying and oh-so rewarding. The flavor of homemade cashew butter is extra nutty, perfectly creamy, and super fresh. What’s not to like?
How to Make Homemade Cashew Butter
Learn how to make homemade cashew butter in just a few easy steps! I’ve included extra photos & closeup shots of the process for making cashew butter easier. 🙂
Step 1: Add Whole Cashews to the Food Processor.
Add your whole, roasted cashews to a sturdy food processor. This is the food processor that I use to blend everything—including homemade cashew butter!
Step 2: Blend Cashews until Crumbly.
Blend the cashews until you get a coarse, dry, crumbly cashew meal.
Step 3: Moist Cashew Meal: Cashew Oil Starts Releasing
Remember to periodically scrape down the sides of your food processor. Making homemade cashew butter can be a bit taxing on your food processor, so make sure to take breaks. In the photo below, oils are releasing from the cashews, turning the previously dry cashew meal moist.
Step 4: Cashew “Dough”
Much of the cashew oil has released from your cashews, causing a cashew “dough ball” to form. You’re so close to making homemade cashew butter!
Step 5: Thick Almost-Cashew Butter
Here, the cashew dough has turned into a very, very thick kind of cashew butter. But it’s still not ready. Keep going! Blend until you reach a smooth, liquidy cashew butter consistency that you’ll see in the next photo (Step 6).
Step 6: Your homemade cashew butter is ready!
Et voilà! You just learned how to make homemade cashew butter. Woot woot! Your homemade cashew butter should be liquidy, mostly smooth, and simply delicious.
How to Make Homemade Cashew Butter Cookies
Take this recipe for Gluten Free Soft Peanut Butter Cookies and substitute the peanut butter with your homemade cashew butter. That’s it!
Storing the Homemade Cashew Butter
This homemade cashew butter recipe can be easily stored for up to 6 months. To store at room temperature: keep your homemade cashew butter out of direct sunlight & away from heat sources in an airtight container for 2-3 months. To store in the refrigerator: use the same container for your cashew butter—but this time, you can keep the cashew butter for 3-6 months. Woohoo!
Any fellow Homemade Heroes out there? I think we should plan a meetup—exchange jars of homemade nut butters, maybe swap some homemade cards, maybe even swap tips on how to make homemade even more awesome. 🙂 (You can totally feel me grinning from here, can’t you?) It’s simply my life’s joy & passion to share in these kitchen adventures with you. What would I do without you? ‘Til the next adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌 Click below to Pin 📌
Recipes for your Homemade Cashew Butter!
Cashew butter is truly versatile and can be used to substitute almond butter or peanut butter in many recipes. Try swapping those nut butters with homemade cashew butter in the recipes below:
- Homemade Cashew Coconut Milk Vegan Ice Cream (Keto)
- No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars – Easy Paleo Dessert Recipe! Swap the almond butter with cashew butter.
- 3 ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – Healthy Vegan No Bake Cookies without Milk! Swap the peanut butter with cashew butter.
- No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Balls – Vegan Gluten Free Protein Balls!
- 4 Ingredient Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Oat Bars – Vegan, Gluten Free. swap the peanut butter with cashew butter.
- Chocolate Chip Homemade Cashew Butter Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Low Carb Chocolate Cashew Keto Fudge Cups
How to Make Homemade Cashew Butter Recipe: this easy homemade cashew butter recipe makes the best creamy, smooth cashew butter! Step-by-step photo tutorial with tips & recipes for your homemade cashew butter! Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free.
- 2 cups unsalted, roasted cashews
- See photo tutorial in post for helpful visuals, tips & details.
- Add cashews to a food processor or blender. Blend until coarse.
- Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Blend until mostly smooth, making sure to scrape the bottom of the processor or blender. Blend longer if smoother cashew butter is desired; however, some graininess is normal. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Try using this cashew butter in place of the nut butter in these tasty recipes:
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container, in a cool, dark environment, at room temperature for 2-3 months. Or, store in the refrigerator for 3-6 months.
Recommended Tools for the Best Homemade Cashew Butter
- Food Processor: I’ve been using this brand of food processor for years, and I absolutely love it–great for making homemade ice cream, paleo coconut macaroons and more!
- Mason Jars: Great for storing your homemade cashew butter in style.
- Silicone Spatulas: These spatulas are great for scraping down the sides of the food processor and getting every last bit of cashew.
- Walnut Wood Cutting Board: See the gorgeous wooden board in my photos? That’s this amazing walnut wood cutting board. It’s double-sided with one side featuring a groove for crackers! 😉
Keywords: homemade cashew butter (recipe), how to make homemade cashew butter, make cashew butter
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Tools for the Best Homemade Cashew Butter Recipe
Click the links below to see the tools I used to make this homemade cashew butter recipe!
- Food Processor: I can’t say it enough, these food processors are the best!
- Silicone Spatulas: Strong and sturdy spatulas perfect for scooping up every last ounce of cashew butter.
- Mason Jars: These jars are super cute, and wonderful for keeping your homemade cashew butter fresh.
- Measuring Cups: A great set of stainless steel measuring cups.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.