Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF): my favorite easy recipe for chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with mouthwatering crispy edges, bursting with chocolate morsels! Made with healthy ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy, Refined Sugar-Free.
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (or your favorite add-in)
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, using a rubber spatula, stir together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using the spatula, fold and stir until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls on the prepared cookie sheet, spread evenly apart. Optionally, dot the cookie tops with chocolate chips. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness—cookies will only spread a tiny bit. Cookie dough will be sticky.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes. Mine took 16 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Freezing Instructions: store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy, Refined Sugar-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free cookies, healthy oatmeal cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookies, chewy oatmeal cookies