Easy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: this easy healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe yields chewy cookies with crispy edges and lots of chocolate chips! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy.
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips or vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (or your favorite add-in)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until the mixture resembles caramel.
- In a large bowl, using a rubber spatula, stir together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using the spatula, fold and stir until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls on the prepared cookie sheet, spread evenly apart. Optionally, dot the cookie tops with chocolate chips. Using a fork, flatten cookies to slightly chunkier than desired thickness—cookies will spread and flatten a bit. Cookie dough will be sticky.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes. Mine took 16 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Transfer cookies directly to a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Oatmeal Cookies For You
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Vegan Chocolate Chips or Sugar Free Chocolate Chips | Natural Almond Butter | Coconut Oil | Coconut Sugar | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes before enjoying.
- Recommended Tools: Champagne Gold Chef Cookie Sheet + Parchment Paper Sheets | Medium Cookie Scoop
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American