this easy healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe yields chewy cookies with crispy edges and lots of chocolate chips!
What do you typically do to pass the time indoors? Growing up, all I thought you could do was: watch TV, read a book, watch TV, talk to yourself, play with dolls, and watch even more TV.
Then, sneak in a quick sesh of quietly going through the cabinets and whipping up a some crazy treat made with whatever I could find without my mom knowing. And trying not to light the house on fire while doing it.
As a much wiser (okay, fine… not really) adult, I’ve broadened my horizons to so much more: less TV watching, playing board games, still talking to myself, and still, yes, proudly still whipping up all manner of treats with whatever I can find in my cabinets.
How about you?
Easy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’m kinda hoping that you’ve got everything you need to whip up today’s super yummy, totally indoor-activity-worthy easy vegan treat: easy healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! No crazy ingredients required, no TV-watching involved, whatsoever. (And maybe a little healthy talking to yourself.)
More Oatmeal Cookies You’d Love: Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies (GF) + Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF, Dairy-Free)
The Taste & Texture of Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies were a reader favorite when I shared them back in November 2018, and they still remain a big favorite today.
My favorite easy healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies yield mouthwatering crispy edges, chewy and moist centers, with an abundance of satisfying oatmeal flavor and melty chocolate morsels. Bonus: these healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free… just like my 3 ingredient no bake peanut butter oatmeal cookie cups. 🙂
How to Store Easy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
To store your healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, simply cool completely and store in an airtight container. Keep for up to 2 weeks away from direct sunlight or other heat sources.
To freeze your healthy oatmeal cookies: store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-3 months. Just remember to thaw cookies for about 20 minutes before enjoying. Quick thaw by heating in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
>>Related: 35+ Best Vegan Cookie Recipes
Recommended Tools for the Best Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Champagne Gold Chef Cookie Sheet + Parchment Paper Sheets: the hunt for the perfect, never-warping, even-heating cookie sheet is over. This baby is beautiful, so amazingly useful and yields amazing results. Bonus? I found the exact pre-cut sheets to fit perfectly into the champagne gold cookie sheet!
- Medium Cookie Scoop: you know I’ve been raving about this cookie scoop for years. And I still stand by it! 😉 These cookie scoops have been with me through 1,000s of batches of cookies, with cookie dough so tough even an ice cream scoop would run away from it. Lol. I highly recommend getting this (and honestly, getting at least 3.)
- Vegan Chocolate Chips or Sugar Free Chocolate Chips: my two favorite chocolate chips! Both tasty, one for the regular days and one for my lower sugar days. 😉 Both vegan + dairy-free.
How’d you like passing the time with me in the kitchen? Best indoor activity, amiright? 😉 Let me know in the comments below if you made my recipe—you know I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for stopping by. It truly means a lot to me to share in these kitchen moments with you and your loved ones. ‘Til the next baking adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Tasty Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes & More
- Healthy Vegan No Bake Cookies without Milk!
- Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Vegan Sesame Tahini Cookies (Gluten Free)
- Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Easy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: this easy healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe yields chewy cookies with crispy edges and lots of chocolate chips! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy.
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips or vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (or your favorite add-in)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until the mixture resembles caramel.
- In a large bowl, using a rubber spatula, stir together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using the spatula, fold and stir until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls on the prepared cookie sheet, spread evenly apart. Optionally, dot the cookie tops with chocolate chips. Using a fork, flatten cookies to slightly chunkier than desired thickness—cookies will spread and flatten a bit. Cookie dough will be sticky.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes. Mine took 16 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Transfer cookies directly to a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Oatmeal Cookies For You
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Vegan Chocolate Chips or Sugar Free Chocolate Chips | Natural Almond Butter | Coconut Oil | Coconut Sugar | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes before enjoying.
- Recommended Tools: Champagne Gold Chef Cookie Sheet + Parchment Paper Sheets | Medium Cookie Scoop
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.