The BEST gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are crispy on the outside, perfectly chewy on the inside, and packed with cozy oatmeal & rich chocolate chip flavor.
Welcome to my all-time favorite, BEST gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe. Yep, I just threw that gluten free cookie gauntlet down. And I’m not taking it back! 😉
Why are these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies the BEST gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? I’m so glad you asked…
The Taste, the Texture, the Everything.
These gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are crispy on the outside, just the perfect amount of chewy on the inside, packed full of oatmeal & chocolate flavor, with just a hint of the perfect warm spices to highlight the cozy oatmeal chocolate chip comfort you’ve been searching for.
Now that you’re amped up on ALL the best gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookie vibes, what say we learn how to make them?
How to Make Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat & Prep
First things first, preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk the Dry Ingredients
Add all dry ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until well mixed.
Whisk the Wet Ingredients
Add all of the wet ingredients to a large bowl, then whisk it all together until well mixed.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients! Add the dry mixture to your wet mixture to create your gluten free oatmeal cookie dough. Switch to stirring with a rubber spatula when the dough gets too difficult to whisk. Fold in chocolate chips.
Cover your bowl of gluten free oatmeal cookie dough and place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Chill your gf dough until it’s just soft enough to scoop, but still very firm throughout.
Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of oatmeal cookie dough onto the baking sheet you prepped earlier. Press chocolate chips into each ball of cookie dough, then flatten it with a spoon about halfway.
Bake, Cool & Enjoy
Bake for about 14 minutes, cool and enjoy the BEST gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!
tips & tricks for the best gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Use your favorite allergy-friendly chocolate chips:
Don’t worry about what other people think—focus on what you like, whether it’s the cheapest chocolate chips, or the hardest to find fancy chocolate chips. Use your fave & they’ll shine like a diamond (hehe) in your soon-to-be-favorite gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe!
Don’t skip chilling the dough
You know I almost never ask you to chill the cookie dough (because: it’s fussy!). So when I ask, you know that it’s important. This ensures that the gf oatmeal cookie dough stays perfectly firm (aka: won’t spread like a mofo) when baked—it also enhances the flavor of the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!
Use fine gluten free oat flour
When making your own homemade oat flour, make sure it’s fine aka free of coarse bits of oats. Coarse oat flour could cause crumbly cookies.
Use GF rolled oats or “old-fashioned” oats, not QUICK oats
Quick or 1-minute oats are less thick, less chewy, and generally work differently in recipes that call for rolled oats. You can buy gluten free rolled oats here.
Use a cookie scoop
For uniform size and perfectly packed balls of gf oatmeal cookie dough. This is the medium cookie scoop I own multiples of and love.
If you don’t like the flavor of coconut at all:
Try using refined coconut oil. It’s flavorless. Or, try using melted vegan butter.
Julia says, “I must say, I’ve never commented on a blog post before but I had to tell you that I appreciate you so much for making and sharing this amazing recipe. It’s clean and tastes amazing!!! You can’t even miss processed cookies with these guys, they really hit the spot.”
Selena says, “This is an amazing recipe, thank you. I have tried various vegan gluten free chocolate chip recipes, and in my perception, this is the most balanced integration of ingredients for chewy crunchy soft vibe. Yummy!”
Ellen says, “Just made these and they are delicious! Loved by GF and non-GF folks alike! Can’t wait to check out your other GF recipes!”
Sumeet says, “I had so much fun making these cookies! I substituted the vegan chocolate chips for baking chips from Whole Foods’ 365 brand and I used a real egg instead of the flax egg. After I pulled the cookies out of the oven, I sprinkled Maldon flaky salt on top and my friends lost their minds. They said the cookies live up to the recipe’s title. 🙂 …Thank you so much for such a wonderful and easy recipe!
storing your gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Store your gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature, out of direct sunlight, away from heat sources. Store gf cookies for up to 2 weeks.
Store gluten free oatmeal cookies in a freezer-friendly container. To enjoy the frozen gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies: allow to thaw for 30 minutes at room temperature, or heat in the microwave for 5-10 seconds or until just warm.
The best gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that are better than the rest–deliciously crispy edges, chewy centers and oodles of melty chocolate chips.
So whaddya think? Are you ready to blow all of your friends’ socks off with my best gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe? Let’s bake it! You grab the chocolate chips, I’ll grab the gluten free oat flour! It’s truly such an honor to make these special healthy treats together. I can’t wait to hear what you think! In the mean time…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies (Gluten Free)
- …and Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough, just for fun 😉
The BEST Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the outside, perfectly chewy on the inside, and packed with cozy oatmeal & rich chocolate chip flavor. GF.
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional, but recommended)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes) or regular egg if not vegan
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients. Whisk until well-mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Whisk as long as you can. Switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl and chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes, until firm throughout. If necessary, allow to thaw at room temperature just until it’s soft enough to scoop, but still very firm and chilled.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet, evenly spaced apart. Cookies will spread a bit. Optionally, press chocolate chips into cookies—this will help decrease sticking when flattening the cookies. Using a spoon, flatten the cookies about half way for thick cookies. Flatten considerably for just slightly thick cookies. The dough will be a bit sticky.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Using a heatproof spatula, lift cookies off the sheet and transfer directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Softer Cookies: Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF)
- Oatmeal Raisin: Easy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Non-Oatmeal: Gluten Free Vegan Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF)
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
Nutrition Information is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 27 servings per recipe, without the optional 2-3 tablespoon chocolate chip topping.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 32mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: best gluten free chocolate chip cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.