Glazed Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe (GF): easy & moist pumpkin bread made in just 1 bowl! The BEST vegan pumpkin bread recipe—flavorful, full of warm spices, made with healthy ingredients and topped with a sweet glaze. Non-Dairy, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup organic powdered sugar**
- 1 ½ teaspoons unsweetened non-dairy milk (start with less, make sure it’s white and thick, not too translucent)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- Whisk as long as you can—the batter will be thick. Switch to folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Do not add additional liquids—the batter is meant to be very thick.
- Transfer batter into the prepared loaf pan. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer, with a gentle rise down the center—mimicking the shape of a perfect loaf. It is important to follow this step for the perfect loaf shape, as the batter will bake up very close to how it looks raw.
- Using a butter knife, cut a slit down the center (or off center, based on your preference). Bake for 55-65 minutes. Mine took 60 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean when the loaf is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Then, lift out of pan, transferring loaf along with parchment paper directly onto the cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Glaze ingredients until thickened: powdered sugar and non-dairy milk. Drizzle loaf. Allow to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice loaf into 12 slices. Enjoy! Store in a container such as this loaf container.
Delicious Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy/crumbly pumpkin bread.
- **You can also add more powdered sugar if you’d like a thicker glaze.
- Recommended Tools: Loaf Container | 8-inch Loaf Pan | My Favorite Prep Bowls | Flour Sifter
- Special Ingredients: Unblanched Almond Meal | Organic Powdered Sugar | Gluten Free Oat Flour | Ground Flaxseed | Coconut Sugar | Coconut Oil
- Storage Notes: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container such as this loaf container for up to 1 week.
- Freezing Instructions: This loaf freezes well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Category: Healthy Desserts, Breakfast, Fall, Quick Breads
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan gluten free pumpkin bread, best vegan pumpkin bread recipe, vegan pumpkin loaf recipe