Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (V+GF): a 1-bowl oat flour banana muffins recipe for moist ‘n lightly sweet Vegan Oat Muffins bursting with banana flavor! My favorite vegan oatmeal muffins with banana.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed banana (approx. 2–3 bananas)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F degrees. Line a 12-muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Measure 1 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed banana—this is the amount you will use. Remove excess banana.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax eggs, milk and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup about 3/4 of the way for a greater quantity of smaller muffins, or all the way to the top for a smaller quantity of big, domed-top muffins. I use this ice cream scoop for easy scooping. Optionally, sprinkle the tops of muffins with rolled oats and sugar.
- Bake for 22-30 minutes. On the lower end for smaller muffins, on the higher end for large muffins. Mine took 29 minutes for 10 larger muffins.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 1 hour. Lift on and enjoy!
More Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy muffins.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Coconut Sugar | Gluten Free Oat Flour (or try homemade oat flour) | Pure Vanilla Extract | Coconut Oil | Pure Maple Syrup | Ground Flaxseed
- Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Recommended Tools: Trigger Ice Cream Scoop – For Muffins | Pastry Cutter | Muffin Pans | Parchment Muffin Liners | Glass Mixing Bowls | My Favorite Kitchen Timer | Convenient Muffin Carrier
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 12 servings per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Vegan oat flour banana muffins, Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins, Vegan Oat Muffins, healthy breakfast recipe